Forum Moderation
slingingsport

All things in Moderation...
Except for Slinging..

Hanford, California
Re: FUNDA BALL!
Reply #60 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 3:00am

Mick wrote on Apr 17th, 2013 at 2:04am:
Well we gotta get these final details sorted in the rule book mate  Smiley. There're some rules, like Generals calling for a ball count, that I hadn't seen 'til now.   Cheesy

Mick

agreed. 

I ran out of room on the post where I put the bulk of the rules.  I wish there was a way to attach a word document on the board, but there isn't.  I can attach a .txt file but that would have no pretty formatting at all.  I may have to post in on my personal Sport Slinging website and then link to it.  I could also start a new thread I suppose and just make two simultaneous posts that have ALL the rules.  Maybe I'll do that.

Slinging Sport Rank: TIRO.   Highest Merit Award: Sling Crafter 3
I am a Demi-Mod...  
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
 itty-bitty living space
"A sling is a dependent weapon, relying on you for basically everything but mechanical advantage..."

IP Logged

Mick
Descens

May your stone always
be well buried.

Brisbane/Redcliffe
Reply #61 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 5:08am

Well, if you don't mind the extra typing, that'd be good, or if you couldn't be bothered, and are only doing it because I asked, you can email it to me to read and try and spot any possible bugs.
Smiley

Mick

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #62 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 3:52pm

LightSlinger wrote on Apr 17th, 2013 at 3:00am:
Mick wrote on Apr 17th, 2013 at 2:04am:
Well we gotta get these final details sorted in the rule book mate  Smiley. There're some rules, like Generals calling for a ball count, that I hadn't seen 'til now.   Cheesy

Mick

agreed.  

I ran out of room on the post where I put the bulk of the rules.  I wish there was a way to attach a word document on the board, but there isn't.  I can attach a .txt file but that would have no pretty formatting at all.  I may have to post in on my personal Sport Slinging website and then link to it.  I could also start a new thread I suppose and just make two simultaneous posts that have ALL the rules.  Maybe I'll do that.  

Convert it to HTML... I can do that using Dreamweaver if you want me to. Then host it on a website.
I can also do that.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

prd000
Tiro

slinging for life

Stuart, FL
Reply #63 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 8:53pm

we should totally make another slinging game that's like dodgeball but with slings Grin i know it has its own thread, but i felt that it should be mentioned here Wink

I've got my sling&&I am now eagerly awaiting the zombie apocalypse

IP Logged

slingmoore
Tiro

sling: simple, ancient,
powerful

West Bengal, India
Reply #64 - Apr 20th, 2013 at 11:07am

I like the direction this is going.  But... Man I want a game with a little more fire... with no more gear required than a sling a few balls and some ground to play on.  The sling is simple, the sport should be too, just make it like dodgeball and sling until everyone gets out.   Too many targets and rules and it'll never catch on.  Think of Ultimate frisbee... the genius of that game is that there's nothing to it but effort and skill.  A sling sport should be the same...  just a bunch of slingers who love slinging and don't mind getting popped because they get to pop people, and the only people getting any real popping done are the ones who have put some effort into their skill level and have been slinging for a while.  But it stills leaves rooms for beginners and people walking by that have never seen a sling.  Plus playing till everyone is out will make the games fast like speed chess and we'll basically more slinging in less time.  I mean we could play the game I'm describing here...right now... if we weren't all separated by hundreds of miles.

Glen&&slingmoore.com, dedicated to the most simple ancient and powerful throwing tool in the world under two ounces.
IP Logged

LightSlinger
Forum Moderation
slingingsport

All things in Moderation...
Except for Slinging..

Hanford, California
Reply #65 - Apr 21st, 2013 at 2:05am

I disagree.  I think that Funda Ball will catch on.. Eventually...  One day I shall look down from Heaven and say, "HA!" while I watch the NFBL!  LOL..

What you're talking about is a Sling version of Dodgeball.  Also sounds like tons of fun! 

Slinging Sport Rank: TIRO.   Highest Merit Award: Sling Crafter 3
I am a Demi-Mod...  
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
 itty-bitty living space
"A sling is a dependent weapon, relying on you for basically everything but mechanical advantage..."

IP Logged

celron
Tiro

The rock flies.

Apopka, Florida
Reply #66 - May 21st, 2013 at 4:38pm

slingmoore wrote on Apr 20th, 2013 at 11:07am:
I like the direction this is going.  But... Man I want a game with a little more fire... with no more gear required than a sling a few balls and some ground to play on.  The sling is simple, the sport should be too, just make it like dodgeball and sling until everyone gets out.   Too many targets and rules and it'll never catch on.  Think of Ultimate frisbee... the genius of that game is that there's nothing to it but effort and skill.  A sling sport should be the same...  just a bunch of slingers who love slinging and don't mind getting popped because they get to pop people, and the only people getting any real popping done are the ones who have put some effort into their skill level and have been slinging for a while.  But it stills leaves rooms for beginners and people walking by that have never seen a sling.  Plus playing till everyone is out will make the games fast like speed chess and we'll basically more slinging in less time.  I mean we could play the game I'm describing here...right now... if we weren't all separated by hundreds of miles.

I agree to a point. You can't conceivably have an eye knocked out of its socket or become concussed in a dodgeball game, which is why they can get away with jock shorts and tanktops. Safety should be held to a very high standard in any game involving slings. Cups mandatory (male and female, I wouldn't wish a groin hit from a sling on anyone), some form of joint protection, head protection, the whole nine.

There are multiple avenues for this game to develop, and as with any sport you can have different leagues playing slightly different versions of the core game: full contact, points-based, target-based, king of the hill, elimination, ricochets-count, etc. etc.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #67 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 7:24am

I have noticed this thread hasn't  bee  active in a while,  I was curious  if any update  was around?
Ryan

IP Logged

HuntsmanSling
Funditor

Sling Maker

Vancouver, WA
Reply #68 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 1:34pm

I have dozens of slings so I get a few friends together and we all go to the tennis court and play dodgeball in the caged tennis court. Loads of fun, especially since we don't have to go far to retrieve the balls

"Discipline leads to self respect which leads to courage"

Huntsman Slings available on Etsy HERE
&
seen on Youtube HERE

IP Logged

Blowgunman123

Slinging Tennis Balls

Northern Illinois
Reply #69 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 11:23pm

Dodgeball would be a great idea because everyone knows how to play (generally) that way it would be a good way to start getting slinging popular. just take the base idea of dodgeball, i.e balls in the middle, although one problem would be the power, have you guys heard of archery tag? it gives a 20ft break between each side, i think that might be a good idea, then have each team have a line of balls were only they can grab them, and by the way no one can go in the 20ft area, and then just no standardized style, just standardized ammo.  Smiley

"You are more loved than you will ever know, by someone who died to know you." Romans 5:8

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckkJFheMGBNtMPX8I-Wm9g

IP Logged

Blowgunman123

Slinging Tennis Balls

Northern Illinois
Reply #70 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 11:33pm

also what i'm thinking of for ammo is at home depot, they have this three inch thick foam, its made for padding under carpets but its very soft and pretty hefty so i think that it might work for some small foam balls for slingball, that might be a cool name for dodgeball and slings combined.  Grin

"You are more loved than you will ever know, by someone who died to know you." Romans 5:8

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #71 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 5:43am

I have been on the lookout  to try different suitable ammo,  I haven't  been able to find one in stores unfortunately, but I would like to the MINI nerf footballs  with the tails (nerf pocket vortex). I might have  to buy em online.  Those in my mind should give the same flight as the " kresto "also there are professional  paintball  team jerseys that have pads in them and such, not much but enough, and helmets, I was llooking  at  hockey  helmets  with  full  face  visors  would do the trick.
Ryan

IP Logged

Blowgunman123

Slinging Tennis Balls

Northern Illinois
Reply #72 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 10:42am

the nerf footballs your talking about work very well.  Smiley

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #73 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 12:54pm

I haven't  had  an opportunity  to use them, but I personally  think that  it would  be the best ammo for this game. What is your experience with  the nerf  footballs?

IP Logged

Blowgunman123

Slinging Tennis Balls

Northern Illinois
Reply #74 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 7:27pm

i had a friend that had one at his house during last summer so every time i was there we would do sling catch, and it doesn't fly super fast so it wont hurt to badly, and you can dodge it.  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Bill Skinner, LightSlinger, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus)