slingshots (Read 11668 times)
squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Re: slingshots
Reply #15 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 10:52pm

hmmmmm I cannot weave super, it tries my patience. But I can braid a 3 strand braid super-fast. as in creepy-fast. 4 strand and above I stink at, minus a 6 and 12 strand kernmantle braid.
and a spanish whipping.... But thats a whole other story....
Maybe..

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

prd000
Tiro

slinging for life

Stuart, FL
Reply #16 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 11:15pm

I have also found some bamboo in my area to make kubings. Check out my thread on it in others topics. I could make you one, again, PM me if interested

I've got my sling&&I am now eagerly awaiting the zombie apocalypse

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #17 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 11:27pm

I have access to bamboo, as well... What type?
Can you take a pic of the bamboo stand, just it, and one of an end of a tube, to see how thick the walls are?
If they are long enough, I might ask you for some!
And waht are Kubings?

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

prd000
Tiro

slinging for life

Stuart, FL
Reply #18 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 10:15am

I don't have a camera at the moment, so no pics Cry a kubing is a instrument that is about 1mm thick and the length of a ballpoint pen. You hold one end and there is a tongue in the other end. Then you put the part of the kubing with the tip of the tongue In between your lips. Now you are holding one end and have the middle part in between your lips, then you pluck the end that you aren't holding with your other hand. This instrument is a little hard to explain, so if this didn't help just look up kubing on YouTube.

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #19 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 10:44am

ok... maybe next sith you wil recieve something other than just slings....
THanks Lightslinger!!!
(and no, I will not send it on!)

IP Logged

prd000
Tiro

slinging for life

Stuart, FL
Reply #20 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 1:37pm

squirellslinger, i will try to get some measurements for the bamboo up in the next week or so.

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #21 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 5:16pm

i've played with slingshots all my life but recently, like in the past year or so, have taken up the hobby of using tapered, light banded slingshots to shoot bb's.  the accuracy and speed of those things, just amazing.  cheap to shoot too.  the other day i shot through both sides of a pizza box and made a hole in the wall which my friend has not noticed yet...hey i did not think it would go all the way through so easily...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris)