Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
PDF leather pouch templates (Read 196387 times)
Môn Slinger

Slinging In The Rain

Re: PDF leather pouch templates
Reply #15 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 2:41pm

I have had a couple more slings with a tennis ball, and think I will shave a couple of mm off the sides to make the pouch a bit smaller, since the overall size is now larger than intended.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
past-moderator

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #16 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 3:00pm

lol Snap.

Just cut out a butterfly and attached a set of cords. I used a fairly soft suede type leather.
I'd say that suits the butterfly template a little better than a stiffer leather might.
Also a pic of the butterfly and a 6 hole side by side.

This is yet another advantage of using a loop attachment. You can swap cord sets between different pouches if you can't be arsed to make another cord set  Wink

You ought to try it mon slinger. Also you'll notice I alternated overlaps with the butterflies wings. You used the same overlap for both ends. Coupled with the single cord attachment you ended up with a somewhat lopsided sling.
Might give you more lateral spin in the missile.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Môn Slinger

Slinging In The Rain

Reply #17 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 3:46pm

Thanks for the tips  Smiley

I have made the holes larger to accommodate the loop, and overlapped the ends alternately.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
past-moderator

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #18 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 4:26pm

Nice  Smiley
Quick too  Wink

So next - go find something to sling and try out both ways of attaching to pouch and see if there is any noticeable difference.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Arcane Tinker
Funditor

Slinging everything 'cept
b.s.

Western Wisconsin
Reply #19 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 9:31am

Mon Slinger- the four hole gang punch is an excellent tool choice for pre-punching stitch holes in leather, it's what I use.  The punch I have however, isn't quite as fancy and is more akin to a dinner fork on steroids... basically, it's a thin, sharp chisel with evenly spaced square notches cut out of the edge.

Safety officers and lawyers, two paying professions until the internet came along...
Arcane Tinker  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
past-moderator

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #20 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 9:38am

Here's the cap paul sling pouch pdf.
Again print out on a4 for a tennis ball sized pouch and a5 for golfball Smiley  

Link to updated pdf for cap paul

Link to original thread

Oh yeah and I've taken the butterfly pouch sling for a walk last couple of days. Great general purpose pouch. Tried out all manner of different size and shape rocks - no problem with any of them. Even slung a few multiple missile shots.
it's not quite as good as the cap paul or six hole for that - but still pretty good  Smiley

To make the butterfly illustrated above - I actually sellotaped the paper cutout to the leather before cutting it out. Worked surprisingly well.
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2015 at 4:34pm by Curious Aardvark »  

IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #21 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 11:31am

Does anyone have anymore 'signature' pouch designs that you think would complement The Guide?

I'll probably copy the ones in this thread in within the next week or so and I wanted to see if anyone else had any other designs they'd be willing to share.

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

Brett
Descens

St Louis
Reply #22 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 3:55pm

I made one of the above mentioned butterfly slings this week - I agree - it's a nice sling.

Brett D in STL

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
past-moderator

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #23 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 6:51am

well between the 6 hole and the butterfly (now my new standard) you don't need anything else.

Once you have something that works - why keep looking for other stuff Smiley

Different world to braiding where there are pretty much always issues with every design. Get a good leather pouch, attach cords - sling works perfect every time.

Plus after playing with davids flat pouch slings - I will NEVER use anything but  a shaped pouch again.   Grin
First time in my slinging 'career' I've ever had release issues. Bloody things are a nightmare.

Rather than deluging people with a variety of different pouches - just stick to one or two that are known to work.

The six hole is great for denim of other thinner/weaker material pouches. And the butterfly is perfect for leather.

Each can be made any size. Just covers the whole gamut.

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #24 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 8:07pm

can you guys handle a docx or image file? aint gonna risk a virus on windows, and cannot communicate between my windows and linuix computers. linuix does have a pdf creater thought...

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #25 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 8:08pm

also not sure how to post an image from word by cutting it out...

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
past-moderator

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #26 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 7:33am

just attach file to email and send to: info@slinging.org

Any format Smiley

Plus after slingbadgers total failure to send me an attachment -  I'd like to see if it gets through Smiley

IP Logged

Burner
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take me out to the ball
game........

Northeast Florida
Reply #27 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 9:51am

Six hole template.

Cleveland Rocks!

IP Logged

Burner
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take me out to the ball
game........

Northeast Florida
Reply #28 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 9:52am

Scale it down to about 4" x 8".

Cleveland Rocks!

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #29 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 12:07pm

Dan wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 11:31am:
Does anyone have anymore 'signature' pouch designs that you think would complement The Guide?

I'll probably copy the ones in this thread in within the next week or so and I wanted to see if anyone else had any other designs they'd be willing to share.

You should try the guy from slingmoore.com. I made one it worked great

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, David Morningstar, NooneOfConsequence)