Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 93
Send Topic Print
ASK QUESTIONS HERE (Read 303360 times)
Lacumo

NY
Re: ASK QUESTIONS HERE
Reply #1260 - Nov 20th, 2021 at 10:32pm

@Walter -- thanks for that info.   That's interesting about the weight of the ammo that you find works best in each of the two.

I used to think this was going to be simple.

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #1261 - Nov 27th, 2021 at 4:27am

When i finish a sling and burn the fibers, is there a way to avoid the smell

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #1262 - Nov 27th, 2021 at 9:58am

Open window Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #1263 - Nov 27th, 2021 at 9:59am

Kick wrote on Nov 27th, 2021 at 9:58am:
Open window Cheesy

i mean the smell of the sling

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #1264 - Nov 27th, 2021 at 10:02am

Was man machen kann. Über Edelstahl reiben. Oder du benutzt eine Stahlseife

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #1265 - Nov 27th, 2021 at 10:16am

Jaegoor wrote on Nov 27th, 2021 at 10:02am:
Was man machen kann. Über Edelstahl reiben. Oder du benutzt eine Stahlseife

Dass muss ich mal versuchen. Danke für die Hilfe

IP Logged

KB
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Baxterville, Mississippi
Reply #1266 - Dec 6th, 2021 at 3:33am

I am not sure if this has been covered else where but I did a few hundred searches across youtube and a few other sites and came up empty handed...   

Does anyone know anything about making reusable molds for lead glandes.  i am not sure how to really go about it like for instance, I am wanting to come out with roughly 5oz or better glande but how do I know how big the cavity should be (is there a better way than trial-and-error) for casting a 5oz glande?   Is there anyone that knows what the best way to create this reusable mold that will make multiples at once I mean I have a few ideas but anyone who has done it and knows the best way.  I don't really know what exactly to search for all the youtube tutorials for lead sinkers for fishing are kind of crap...
   Any help would be appreciated and sorry I know this may seem kind of like rambling or slightly incoherent but I am annoyed and exhausted by my searches and the results so far grrrrr..!
Thanks...

In my day we didnt have no fancy schmancy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock and we had to share the rock..!
https://www.facebook.com/KalebC.Breshears  
IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #1267 - Dec 6th, 2021 at 5:33am

Es ist nicht einfach das Volumen eines Glandes zu berechnen. Nehmen sie eine 50 g Kugel und hämmern sie diese in die gewünschte Form. Das ist nicht einfach. Aber es ist die einfachste Form die ich kenne einen Rohlinge herzustellen. Diesen Rohling können sie für eine Form verwenden.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

KB
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Baxterville, Mississippi
Reply #1268 - Dec 6th, 2021 at 11:12pm

Thank you but what would you suggest as a material to make my molds from that would be reusable.  I made a attempt a few days ago that i am about to check to see if it worked.  I used a piece of chalk i shaped like my lead and i poured 45 minute sheet rock mud into a small plastic cup just not sure how i am gonna go about making this be able to open i am thinking something like a hacksaw blade or some other thin saw but ???  anyway that is only thing i could think of that may withstand multiple lead pourings but open to better suggestions

and thank u and thanks google translate lol

Danke, aber was würden Sie als Material vorschlagen, um meine Formen daraus herzustellen, die wiederverwendbar wären. Ich habe vor ein paar Tagen einen Versuch gemacht, um zu überprüfen, ob es funktioniert. Ich habe ein Stück Kreide verwendet, das ich wie meine Mine geformt habe, und ich habe 45-Minuten-Blattsteinschlamm in einen kleinen Plastikbecher gegossen, bin mir nur nicht sicher, wie ich das öffnen soll dünne Säge aber ??? Das ist sowieso das einzige, was mir einfällt, das mehreren Bleivergießen standhält, aber offen für bessere Vorschläge

und danke und danke google übersetze lol

And if I got some German wrong it was not me g○●gle

In my day we didnt have no fancy schmancy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock and we had to share the rock..!
IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #1269 - Dec 8th, 2021 at 12:00pm

Es gibt verschiedene Möglichkeiten. Man kann in Formsand gießen. Aber auch Gips. Sehr gut funktioniert hitzebeständiges Silikon.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #1270 - Dec 10th, 2021 at 10:03am

Most bullet molds are aluminum.  There is a high-temperature silicone formulation that is normally used in roofing applications. You might try that, but have you considered just using a hardwood?  It probably won’t be good for multiple copies, but it’s relatively easy to carve a new one, and it’ll build up a thin carbon layer and keep the shape reasonably well.  It might be worth a try at least for prototypes.

https://youtu.be/puGRvb_oFBg

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

KB
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Baxterville, Mississippi
Reply #1271 - Dec 11th, 2021 at 2:10pm

Sorry took me awhile to get back around to checking this but thanks for the tips...   I have one last thing then I'll let everyone carry on but I had heard that adding I believe it was either cornstarch or baking soda to regular clear silicone and it would make it endure pretty good through high temperatures and set fairly quickly (because of the faster dry time makes me want to say it was the cornstarch) anyone else heard about this?

IP Logged

MMF

Slinging Rocks

The United States of America
Reply #1272 - Dec 18th, 2021 at 4:43pm

There is a broken link to David Engvall's letter to Guinness and a newspaper article. Does anyone have this? Or perhaps seen other pouchless slings

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #1273 - Dec 23rd, 2021 at 9:55pm

KB wrote on Dec 11th, 2021 at 2:10pm:
Sorry took me awhile to get back around to checking this but thanks for the tips...   I have one last thing then I'll let everyone carry on but I had heard that adding I believe it was either cornstarch or baking soda to regular clear silicone and it would make it endure pretty good through high temperatures and set fairly quickly (because of the faster dry time makes me want to say it was the cornstarch) anyone else heard about this?

https://www.instructables.com/Home-Made-Sugru/

I don’t know about it handling higher temperatures, but I think this is what you’re thinking of.

It would be interesting to add a little baking soda like starlite.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

jw

Slinging Rocks!

Virginia usa
Reply #1274 - Dec 26th, 2021 at 12:37pm

How are woven pouch slings made I only know how to make the Egyptian style with the cupped pouch but how do you make the other ones like a split or just a flat non cupped pouch

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 93
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Morphy, Kick, Chris, vetryan15)