Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 93
Send Topic Print
ASK QUESTIONS HERE (Read 308432 times)
Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: ASK QUESTIONS HERE
Reply #1080 - Apr 27th, 2021 at 5:10pm

MikeG wrote on Apr 27th, 2021 at 4:14am:
depends. I would say at least 250 for precision and well over 300 for range. That is about 600-700 at least ( i try to be as quick as possible and have a lot of stones to sling (well over 100000) But i often teach friend how to sling and I do less shots on those days (about 300)    ( i try to reach a military level in slinging, but dont have the whole day to practise. When i have much time, i sling about 5 hours wich is about 1200 shots, because i work on range more than precision)

Crazy amount of throws! I dont think I have ever gone past 500 in a day.

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #1081 - Apr 28th, 2021 at 3:00am

SerKraus wrote on Apr 27th, 2021 at 9:21am:
At that rate you'll be a professional in no time at all!  Grin

Thanks. I do have a lot of time and a lot of stones. I would say that i am already (after less than 6 months) good in slinging (even did some duck hunting). But as soon as covid ends, I will not be able to train that much (training 5 times a week in parcour and martial arts)
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2021 at 1:15pm by MikeG »  

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #1082 - Apr 28th, 2021 at 3:07am

Sarosh wrote on Apr 27th, 2021 at 5:10pm:
depends. I would say at least 250 for precision and well over 300 for range. That is about 600-700 at least ( i try to be as quick as possible and have a lot of stones to sling (well over 100000) But i often teach friend how to sling and I do less shots on those days (about 300)    ( i try to reach a military level in slinging, but dont have the whole day to practise. When i have much time, i sling about 5 hours wich is about 1200 shots, because i work on range more than precision)

Thanks. As i have said, I dont really experiment a lot and try to be quick. When i do experiments, my amount of throws drops quickly. I mainly do sidearm slinging with 1-3 spins and dont  change my slinging style. ( as Bruce Lee once said: "Dont fear the man that did 10000 kicks once, fear the man that did one kick 10000 times." Well I am the guy that did one technique a few thousand times.
Because of this, i have good muscle memory and can sling almost any stone and be accurate with it.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #1083 - Apr 28th, 2021 at 8:50pm

MikeG wrote on Apr 28th, 2021 at 3:07am:

Thanks. As i have said, I dont really experiment a lot and try to be quick. When i do experiments, my amount of throws drops quickly. I mainly do sidearm slinging with 1-3 spins and dont  change my slinging style. ( as Bruce Lee once said: "Dont fear the man that did 10000 kicks once, fear the man that did one kick 10000 times." Well I am the guy that did one technique a few thousand times.
Because of this, i have good muscle memory and can sling almost any stone and be accurate with it.

Well, now we need to see videos of this Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

SerKraus

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #1084 - Apr 28th, 2021 at 9:42pm

Definitely! I wish I could sling that much in a day!

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates

IP Logged

SerKraus

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #1085 - Apr 28th, 2021 at 9:43pm

Definitely! I wish I had the circumstances allowing me to sling that much in a day!
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2021 at 8:09am by SerKraus »  

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #1086 - Apr 29th, 2021 at 2:26am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Apr 28th, 2021 at 8:50pm:
MikeG wrote on Apr 28th, 2021 at 3:07am:

Well, now we need to see videos of this Grin

Problem is, I dont have a phone and dont want to use a laptop for filming Wink . In a few months i will get a phone and the first thing i will do is put some videos of me in the forum. Now id like to know if you want to see 3 hours of speedshooting and counting the throws ?

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #1087 - Apr 29th, 2021 at 2:27am

SerKraus wrote on Apr 28th, 2021 at 9:43pm:
SerKraus wrote on Apr 28th, 2021 at 9:42pm:
Definitely! I wish I had the circumstances allowing me to sling that much in a day!

I will try to do that as long as I can, but as i have said, after  the lockdown in germany is over, I wont be able to sling that much.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #1088 - Apr 30th, 2021 at 8:21pm

Mike the one thing we love here is videos of slinging. Whatever you want to post man, it will find a warm reception for sure.

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #1089 - May 1st, 2021 at 6:33am

Morphy wrote on Apr 30th, 2021 at 8:21pm:
Mike the one thing we love here is videos of slinging. Whatever you want to post man, it will find a warm reception for sure.

Ill try to make some videos, but it could take months. Sorry for that, I have never thought that i would need a phone.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #1090 - May 2nd, 2021 at 6:44am

Oh ya,  we are all slinging video junkies here but no worries dont go out of your way to do it. I personally just love seeing new people sling because each has their own way of doing things.

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #1091 - May 2nd, 2021 at 8:48am

Do you know why slinging is not as popular as archery ?

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #1092 - May 2nd, 2021 at 10:43am

The bow is a lot easier to learn than the sling. Faster results tend to lead more people to try and then stick with it. The bow is also a lot safer to use in groups. Alot safer lol. So that’s a big problem too I suspect.

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #1093 - May 2nd, 2021 at 11:25am

Morphy wrote on May 2nd, 2021 at 10:43am:
The bow is a lot easier to learn than the sling. Faster results tend to lead more people to try and then stick with it. The bow is also a lot safer to use in groups. Alot safer lol. So that’s a big problem too I suspect.

That means the reason is that people dont have patience

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #1094 - May 2nd, 2021 at 11:50am

If you sling 100 meters with rocks, how far can you sling with clay or with lead?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 93
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Kick, Morphy, Chris, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark)