Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Slinging.org android app :-) (Read 15814 times)
Intifada
Descens

Raining Stones

Bucks, UK
Re: Slinging.org android app :-)
Reply #30 - Apr 23rd, 2013 at 10:01am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Aug 12th, 2012 at 1:06pm:
I did actually add it up. Had my first 'computer' (museum piece) when I was 14 - so almost 30 years ago.
a zx81 with a whole 1Kilobyte of ram !

There you go; another thing we have in common! The ZX81 was the first and last computer I ever did any programming on. The screen would display, 'Hello, what's your name?' and depending on which of my friends or relatives answered, it gave out a typically juvenile response.
Watch out, Bill Gates.

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." -  Denis Diderot

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #31 - Apr 24th, 2013 at 12:10pm

lol yeah programming on a zx81 was brilliant.

I even wrote a text based adventure game with basic animated block graphics and a randomly generated maze component. Even wrote a  (very) basic space invaders game.

And then sound and colour came along and it just got too complicated and I couldn't be bothered any more Smiley  

Although I did used to spend entire days typing in programs on my dragon 32. That even had 3d games, way too complicated for me to write my own programs though.

And now things are going backwards - things like the raspberry pi are making programming simple again.

Would I swap my nintendo 3ds for old 4 bit games - not bloody likely Smiley
Glasses free 3d is brilliant. Bugger all decent games mind, but the few that are good do seem to be very good.

And the lack of anything much worth playing (have never and wil never, be a mario fan) is saving me a lot of money and time. lol

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #32 - Jul 16th, 2013 at 4:14pm

o.k c_a i am impressed thanks

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #33 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 7:16am

lol you're welcome mate.

If I ever get the inclination I've got a proper piece of software I could improve it with.

But it's on a long todo list that includes: learning all about 3d printing, starting a food alchemy & bbq business, earning a living, sorting the bloody forum out. and so on...

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #34 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 8:28pm

oh yeah well me and my girlfreind power our with self powering fans and hamsters lol

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Bill Skinner, Rat Man)