Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trading slings for a few things (Read 3215 times)
xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Trading slings for a few things
Mar 29th, 2012 at 7:31pm

Hey people, I'm willing to trade some slings I make for some stuff (bet you couldn't have guessed that from the title). I make jute rockmans, using a round braid. Just tell me the size you want.

Here's a pic of one I'm using right now- the type that I make and will trade. The yarn release is optional- I happen to prefer it as it's pretty strong and very, very loud. Not very good if you want to hunt though.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg803/scaled.phpserver=803&filename=imag0381h.jpg...

I'm specifically looking for a largish knife for semi heavy duty use, preferably a Bowie clip shape. If any of military vets still have your old issue blade, or if you have a used blade, hit me up. As long as it's still in decent shape I'm good. I am specifically looking for a knife like the SOG Fusion Fixation, however.

I'll also trade for a sharpening kit, ceramic. I don't own any ultra hard steel blade, so I don't need diamond, which can lose the dust that it's impregnated with. I'll also trade for leather, something semi stiff, good for sling pouches. I also trade for a 32 gigabyte microSD card (If you're not sure what these are, just ignore it lol. Chances are, unless if you have good sources (like amazon) you can pay upwards 50 for one, instead of the 25 they're worth). If you've got anything else, just ask. I might not accept, but it's worth a try to get one of my world famous, braided rockman slings  Cheesy Wink

BTW: Next week is spring break for me, so I could probably get it out in that time. Past that, you're looking at at-least a month before I can work on a sling.

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Re: Trading slings for a few things
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2012 at 6:58am

What kind of leather and how much?

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

ghost0311-8541

Slinging Rocks!

Florida
Reply #2 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 3:21pm

hey kid did you ever get a knife in a trade

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #3 - Aug 15th, 2012 at 6:50pm

No, I haven't.

School starts tomorrow, so I won't really be able to have a chance to make a good sling if you're interested in trading. I do have a few of mine lying around my garage, they're only 25 inches long so I doubt you'd be able to use them  Embarrassed

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

ghost0311-8541

Slinging Rocks!

Florida
Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2012 at 7:45pm

oh ok

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark)