Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
trouble with online translator (Read 4486 times)
aurelio
Descens

...then, the ape stood
and took a rock.

Spain
trouble with online translator
Nov 17th, 2011 at 4:08pm

My level of English will not let me read the forum in their original language. For two weeks ago online translators (Mozilla, Explorer) do not work on the link "Forum" on main page. Maybe the admin can do something about it?. I miss slinging.org. Curiously, the other links are correctly. Thanks in advance. Someone same thing happens?

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Re:  trouble with online translator
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2011 at 7:24pm

i just tried this using google translate on google chrome... didn't seem to work either?

this one seems okay http://www.freetranslation.com/

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

aurelio
Descens

...then, the ape stood
and took a rock.

Spain
Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 5:44am

Thanks xxkid123, this link are working, but it translates the pages one by one, if you press "next",  the next page are  in english. In  the online translator mozilla and explorer, if  you press "forum", all page are translated. However one by one is better than nothing. I hope one definitive solution. Admins, help, please.

IP Logged

Mauro Fiorentini
Forum Moderation

Forge your future with
the hammer of your mind!

Ancona, Italy.
Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 8:59am

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Internet translators... I'm very sorry I can't help you Aurelio  Embarrassed
Greetings,
Mauro.

Like! Smiley https://www.facebook.com/Arte-Picena-238289793027749/timeline/
Greetings,
Mauro.

Mauro Fiorentini - 339-525

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 10:16am

weird well - ah !

I did switch some extra security on a week or back to try and cut down on spam.

Didn't work. Guess for the moment I can turn it off as sam bots can't register at the moment.

BRB...

try that.

if it still doesn't work as it used to, there's one more thing I can switch off. But can't remember if it was on or off before.

let me know if anything's changed Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #5 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 10:38am

translate.google.com works again.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

aurelio
Descens

...then, the ape stood
and took a rock.

Spain
Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 1:36pm

CA, thank you very much, I can enjoy slinging.org again.

IP Logged

Mauro Fiorentini
Forum Moderation

Forge your future with
the hammer of your mind!

Ancona, Italy.
Reply #7 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 1:58pm

Hooray!
C_A is a genius!
Mauro.

Like! Smiley https://www.facebook.com/Arte-Picena-238289793027749/timeline/
Greetings,
Mauro.

Mauro Fiorentini - 339-525

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #8 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 7:07am

Mauro Fiorentini wrote on Nov 19th, 2011 at 1:58pm:
Hooray!
C_A is a genius!
Mauro.

Or possibly just someone fiddling with settings, while having absolutely no idea what they might do Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #9 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 9:04am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Nov 21st, 2011 at 7:07am:
... Or possibly just someone fiddling with settings, while having absolutely no idea what they might do Smiley  

C_A ... this also cured the issue I was having where the ..../forum/Yabb.pl .... pages would not render (Blank white page) in my browsers but the rest of the forum was ok. I'm am on a public school network that is fed from our local university. (plenty of layers of firewall-ing, I'd presume)  Cool

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #10 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 3:58pm

Steven wrote on Nov 22nd, 2011 at 9:04am:
Curious Aardvark wrote on Nov 21st, 2011 at 7:07am:
... Or possibly just someone fiddling with settings, while having absolutely no idea what they might do Smiley  

C_A ... this also cured the issue I was having where the ..../forum/Yabb.pl .... pages would not render (Blank white page) in my browsers but the rest of the forum was ok. I'm am on a public school network that is fed from our local university. (plenty of layers of firewall-ing, I'd presume)  Cool

most schools ban public forums and social networking sites. is the white page the same page you would get when going on a banned site? most school computers run off a common server, and generally the computers aren't too fast and the server cheaply hosted, making the computer very slow and prone to glitching or badly rendering pages.

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #11 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 4:10pm

Colleges and Universities, even the smaller local Junior Colleges, are too large to run through a central server without having serious lag issues. Most likely Steven was having a security issue from accessing the forum from a private network, similar to my IP address resetting problems. College networks are notorious for having problems handshaking with the rest of the internet.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #12 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 4:22pm

@xxkid123 Our firewall when accessing a forbidden url puts up a splash screen with
a warning and a reason for the restriction. The pages returned to me were 0 bytes in length
and rendered as a blank white page in several different browsers ... windows based and android
... When C_A made his change which allowed translation sites to work ... tadah ... magic the slinging.org forum.pl pages began to work again as well.

PS while the pages rendered white on the school network .... they rendered ok on other networks .... I presume the change he made effected our network in some way...

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #13 - Nov 23rd, 2011 at 10:02am

lol that was you was it ?

I have no idea who I'm talking to on email Smiley

Glad it sorted it out anyway  Smiley

It was one of the more obscure guardian settings. Made no difference to the spam so I'll not be turning it back on Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner)