Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Giving a sling to a friend... (Read 4115 times)
Mauro Fiorentini
past-moderator

Forge your future with
the hammer of your mind!

Ancona, Italy.
Re: Giving a sling to a friend...
Reply #15 - Sep 8th, 2011 at 11:02am

Sorry, but are you Paul Elliot, by chance?

By the way, I had several OMG moments... the first when, as a kid, I used to watch little swallows precipitate during their first flights.
I live in a condominium, and swallows have always build their nests just under the roof, slightly above my windows.
Watching the older swallows, I soon learned when younger ones were ready to fly... or at least to give it a try. They often managed to do so, but sometimes some of them were not ready yet, so they precipitate.
In that period of the year, I used to spend a lot of hours on the sidewalk, watching for their efforts. Sometimes a young swallows didn't manage to fly, and I once watched one that died after a violent collision with the ground.
I mean, that was not my first meeting with death (I already had funerals, and saw some of my relatives dead), but I felt somehow older.
Not old enough, though: years later, I killed a kitten while I was violently "playing" with it.
This made me feel bad, but the most important thing was that mom didn't know of the cat's death. So I was not mature.
I think I really grew up last year, when I had my car crash: it ended up ok for me, but the driver had a concussion, his head was spitting blood from a microscopic wound. I tried to save him, to stop the blood, but he died in my hands.
The worst part of it was to meet his mother after I was discharged from hospital.

I now have a huge respect for life, even if I sometime enjoy go fishing, thus killing some animals. But I eat them, so their death is justified.
Having knowledge of the pain caused by death, I am now very submissive about violence, and am certain that I'd use lethal violence against humans only in certain situations (for example if somebody would harm my child).
Greetings,
Mauro.

Like! Smiley https://www.facebook.com/Arte-Picena-238289793027749/timeline/
Greetings,
Mauro.

Mauro Fiorentini - 339-525

IP Logged

wanderer
Interfector Viris Spurii

Texas
Re: Giving a sling to a friend...
Reply #16 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 8:58am

Mauro Fiorentini wrote on Sep 8th, 2011 at 11:02am:
Sorry, but are you Paul Elliot, by chance?

No, I'm not Smiley.

I seem to remember that Paul Elliot used to be around, under his own name, but not in the past few years. He may still be around under another name - who knows?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, Chris, Kick)