Mauro Fiorentini
Forum Moderation

Forge your future with
the hammer of your mind!

Ancona, Italy.
Re: motorcycle?
Reply #90 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 5:07am

Soooooo I recently bought myself a belated Xmas gift:

I am now the proud third owner of this shining 2007 Piaggio Vespa. She has a little, quiet 150cc engine, four strokes, three valves. Max speed is about 100km per hour (about 50 miles) and top range in 122 kilometers, which means the engine drinks one liter of gasoline every 22 kilometers, not bad!
Fact is that I have been looking for a cheap scooter to replace the Guzzi, which is quite aged now and deserves a better and more careful treatment. I was planning to spend no more than 300 € for the scooter but as I saw the Vespa last month she entered in my mind for the following 20 days until I took all my courage and 2000 € and bought it.
Now she better run well without problems for the next 30 years or so!
Anyway she makes me very happy - she's fast in the traffic, light to ride and has a good load capacity. Even the Guzzi is now satisfied because she's enjoying a well-deserved rest (did you know that my Guzz has been published on an Italian classic bikes magazine?)
This is it, I feel like I'm 16 years old again!  Cheesy

Like! Smiley https://www.facebook.com/Arte-Picena-238289793027749/timeline/
Greetings,
Mauro.

Mauro Fiorentini - 339-525

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: motorcycle?
Reply #91 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 8:21am

Good for you, Mauro.  Nothing like a new toy to liven things up. It sounds perfect for city traffic.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Chris, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark)