Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Google Map - No Longer Working - App Removed By Google (Read 30177 times)
PingHansen

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Låsby, Danmark.
Re: Google Map
Reply #60 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 11:30am

I had no problem, but I do think that Rock was sitting in a boat - otherwise he's a merman, which might make the results of slinging slightly less impressive  Tongue

Ping.&&Certified Insane

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #61 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 11:35am

Hey! That was pretty cool. Now I´m on that map too Smiley

May the stones go your way&&&&//Ulrica
IP Logged

Eoraptor
Funditor

Aim small, miss small.

Great Lakes Region (USA)
Reply #62 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 11:49am

Huh  For some reason my marker is now on the Kentucky-Tennessee border?  If someone could move it back to Indianapolis I would be much obliged.

The little blue bubbles are slowly spreading...  Soon slingers will quietly control the whole world...  We are the 1%...

"The very fact that there is life here at all, and that everything that's alive today, is so, because everything else passed away."  -Jack Horner
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
"Yet the finer they were the frailer; the cleverer, the more wrong-headed."   -North

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #63 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 11:53am

Eoraptor wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 11:49am:
Huh  For some reason my marker is now on the Kentucky-Tennessee border?  If someone could move it back to Indianapolis I would be much obliged.

The little blue bubbles are slowly spreading...  Soon slingers will quietly control the whole world...  We are the 1%...

Click on your name and choose "edit". Then you can make changes..I could to it on you, but I don´t now where you "want" to be. Smiley

IP Logged

Eoraptor
Funditor

Aim small, miss small.

Great Lakes Region (USA)
Reply #64 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 12:24pm

Ulrica wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 11:53am:
Huh  For some reason my marker is now on the Kentucky-Tennessee border?  If someone could move it back to Indianapolis I would be much obliged.

The little blue bubbles are slowly spreading...  Soon slingers will quietly control the whole world...  We are the 1%...

Click on your name and choose "edit". Then you can make changes..I could to it on you, but I don´t now where you "want" to be. Smiley

I do not see an edit option, or I would have done it myself.  Maybe I just missed it, where is it supposed to be?

"The very fact that there is life here at all, and that everything that's alive today, is so, because everything else passed away."  -Jack Horner
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
"Yet the finer they were the frailer; the cleverer, the more wrong-headed."   -North

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #65 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 12:27pm

Eoraptor wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 12:24pm:

I do not see an edit option, or I would have done it myself.  Maybe I just missed it, where is it supposed to be?

I have a button called "redigera" I guess that is edit in english, that button is under a button called "mina platser" my places" in english. In the meny to the left...

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #66 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 12:30pm

Ulrica wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 12:27pm:
Eoraptor wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 12:24pm:

I do not see an edit option, or I would have done it myself.  Maybe I just missed it, where is it supposed to be?

I have a button called "redigera" I guess that is edit in english, that button is under a button called "mina platser" my places" in english. In the meny to the left...

Shall I try to do it for you? Where shall I put the blue dot? i´m terrible in geography. I can´t even spell it, but I can make a try.

IP Logged

HurlinThom
Interfector Viris Spurii

Leverage artillerist

Reply #67 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 1:12pm

Your avatar is a peregrine falcon, and a peregrine is a wanderer. Your marker just wandered, that's all.  Grin Grin Grin

When all is said and done more will have been said than done.

IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #68 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 2:01pm

Huh  For some reason my marker is now ...
on Indianapolis  Smiley

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

batty110
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Little Canada, Minnesota
Reply #69 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22pm

Finally added myself on there!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Eoraptor
Funditor

Aim small, miss small.

Great Lakes Region (USA)
Reply #70 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:57pm

HurlinThom wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 1:12pm:

Your avatar is a peregrine falcon, and a peregrine is a wanderer. Your marker just wandered, that's all.  Grin Grin Grin

But to Kentucky/Tennessee?  Surely my peregrine spirited roving marker would have more taste than that...   Wink

A second serch for the edit button turned up nothing...  Thank'ee Steven.  

IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #71 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 2:25pm

Eoraptor wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:57pm:
... A second serch for the edit button turned up nothing... 

E. ... You have to be logged into your google account and then select the map link on the first page ... the Edit button should be available if you've logged in.

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #72 - Apr 1st, 2012 at 3:26am

I cant get it work the map just keeps saying sing in to google and i am not good with this stuff please help Huh

When I go bear hunting all I take is a bat and when I find the bear I give him the bat to make things even&&&&When the goverment takes all the guns who ever has the most swords axes clubs spears bows and slings WILL RULE THE WORLD A HAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry did I say that out loud
Evan Werner  
IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #73 - Apr 1st, 2012 at 9:56am

Morphy is right next to that Inyo National Forest.  Nice.  What's that like, Morphy.  Desert, mountains, what?

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #74 - Apr 1st, 2012 at 2:11pm

Rat Man wrote on Apr 1st, 2012 at 9:56am:
Morphy is right next to that Inyo National Forest.  Nice.  What's that like, Morphy.  Desert, mountains, what?

After reading this the first thing I did was look up Inyo National Forest  Grin. I had never heard of it, but you are right we are pretty close I just don't know the area well yet. The pictures are beautiful.  I've been up to Camp Nelson which is at an elevation where the Sequoias are and that is just beautiful. Nothing like the picture. It's a thick mountain forest paradise.

After looking at the images it looks like the high desert. Very much like where I lived in Southern Utah.

This scenery would rapidly change as you go up into the real mountains. Then you would essentially be surrounded by forests and lakes and meadows. Sort of the best of both worlds.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Morphy, Chris, Kick, joe_meadmaker)