Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
What song/band are you currently obssessed with? (Read 19456 times)
Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Re: What song/band are you currently obssessed wit
Reply #15 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 10:00pm

Just don't call all music with screaming lyrics "screamo" and you'll be twice as cool as most people. Wink

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Woonilsra
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #16 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 6:57am

Bikewer wrote on Mar 28th, 2011 at 9:34am:
Just slightly OT...   I'm on a number of guitar-oriented forums, including Ultimate Guitar.  Most of the folks there are younger...
I'm no "metal" fan, but I was amazed to learn that there were so many different genres and sub-genres of this form.    "Melodic Death Metal".  I thought they were pulling my leg.  Must be 20-30 different flavors.
They all sound pretty much the same to me...

My mind has been blown. Then again, I'm not all that surprised, people always make sub genres for genres and so on and so forth, and its music so that just increases the diversity ten fold.

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"&&&&"A sword is a weapon. The art of swordsmanship is learning how to kill. That is the truth"&&&&"Dead!" I answered, and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me. "First the alien ... then the Jew. I did no more than you let me do."

IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Reply #17 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 2:49pm

Metall, death metall, melodic death metall, no, everything was better in the old days, like this sweet old folk tune.

(When this one was played in the night the knives would soon be leaving their sheats, but still..... Wink)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di1F8GUvEtg&feature=related

timann

IP Logged

Fundibularius
Interfector Viris Spurii

Sultan of Sling

Inter Mosam ac Rhenum
Reply #18 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 6:32am

timann wrote on Mar 29th, 2011 at 2:49pm:
Metall, death metall, melodic death metall, no, everything was better in the old days, like this sweet old folk tune.

Don't know about other countries, but in  in Germany a while ago some scientist stated that really intelligent youngsters preferred to listen to metal.

My impression is that quite a number of people since then have turned logics around and are trying to gain intelligence by listening to metal.

Not sure if that works.

Ferrugo numquam dormit.&&(Nigellus Iuvenis)&&&&

Noch weiz ich an im mere daz mir ist bekant
einen lintrachen  slouch des heledes hant
do badet er in dem blvote  des ist der helt gemeit
von also vester hvte  daz in nie wafen sit versneit.

IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Reply #19 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 12:58pm

Fundibularius wrote on Mar 30th, 2011 at 6:32am:
timann wrote on Mar 29th, 2011 at 2:49pm:

Don't know about other countries, but in  in Germany a while ago some scientist stated that really intelligent youngsters preferred to listen to metal.

My impression is that quite a number of people since then have turned logics around and are trying to gain intelligence by listening to metal.

Not sure if that works.

I was of course sarcastic, please follow the link to "Satans melody" Cheesy
timann

IP Logged

LukeWebb
Funditor

Slinging Rocks!

New Brunswick Canada
Reply #20 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 5:53pm

The band I'm really into today is "Yeah Yeah Yeah's"  I like music that has good lyrics and conveys a lot of emotion in the lyrics, vocals and especially the backup.  Too many bands these days just have a flat back up that just ups the tempo or changes the beat a little, but actually isn't music at all, as in it would be terrible to listen to without the vocals.  I may go from blues to rock to even dance music, or folk etc. it doesn't really matter the genre to me, it is just the feel of the music.

What I'm listening to most at the moment are "yeah yeah yeah's," "The Black Angels", "Tool", "The Ting Ting's," "Lady Ga Ga,(only pop music artist I like some of?)", "Ravonettes," "The white stripes".
  But my list goes all over the place of all time favorites.

See my work and friend me on Facebook!&&https://www.facebook.com/luke.webb.56808
toonsbylaw@yahoo.ca  
IP Logged

Jabames
Interfector Viris Spurii

:3

Alaska
Reply #21 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 8:14pm

Is this Love?-Whitesnake my all-time favorite song I can play it all day

IP Logged

Woonilsra
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #22 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 9:53pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVUEqycfb5s
I'm currently working on a term paper, 7 pages due this Friday, and I use some of this songs lyrics to prove my thesis. It reminded me how great this song is.

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"&&&&"A sword is a weapon. The art of swordsmanship is learning how to kill. That is the truth"&&&&"Dead!" I answered, and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me. "First the alien ... then the Jew. I did no more than you let me do."

IP Logged

hawk_chucker

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #23 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 3:11pm

OK I am a oldtimer and after all I still like my metal, but my daughter is getting me more into little bands and opening up my music library a bit away from it so this is what I am into now

White Rabbits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHHGqIcncKs&feature=relmfu

and for some reason these little twirps also Frans Ferdnand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Q-blfxLRo&feature=related

Oh Ya and she is 9 how the heck she finds this stuff is desturbing? at least it isnt Justin Beiber!!!!

IP Logged

Woonilsra
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #24 - Oct 7th, 2011 at 4:11pm

I felt the need to refresh this, I've got three songs I'm really into right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLJf9qJHR3E&feature=relmfu.......Little Lion Man- Mumford and Sons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6rYPHmSzcE&feature=related....... The Cave- Mumford and Sons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTZ7iX4vTQ&ob=av3e.......Pumped up Kicks- Foster the People

IP Logged

Wayfarer
Descens

"Utrum per hebdomadem
perveniam"

Tampa, Florida
Reply #25 - Oct 7th, 2011 at 6:03pm

My gigantic playlist has tons of songs I'm obsessed with, but these are my current favorites.

Micheal Buble-Haven't Met you yet
Foster the people- Pumped up kicks
Flowers on the wall- Statler Brothers
La Roux-In for the Kill (Skrillex Remix)
Steve Miller Band-The joker, Abracadabra, Fly Like an eagle
Dick dale and the Del tones- Miserlou
George Baker-Little Green Bag
Drake- Headlines
Willie Nelson- On the road again

*Edit* Changed the "d word" to thingy.

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #26 - Oct 8th, 2011 at 8:29pm

starting to listen to a lot of indie-pop. usually don't like pop for their lack of lyrics, and the bands/singers themselves (ahem-rihanna). i've always liked Sea Wolf, but never looked too deep in their genre.

here's one by jonsi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBgPmw3JCN4

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #27 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 8:20am

I am really more of a country and rock type guy and I'll listen to almost all music except pop and the majority of metal. When I can, I listen to Jason Aldean and Billy Currington, but I haven't really gotton around to putting them on my Ipod so I ususally listen to Skillet and Thousand Foot Crutch more often.

As far as one song I really like a lot of Aldean's work but mst recently probably Preleator by Globus (look it up if you haven't heard it and make sure you listen to the whole thing.)

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

HurlinThom
Interfector Viris Spurii

Leverage artillerist

Reply #28 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 4:36pm

Good ol' Thingy Dale. Surf music was a bit thing when I was in high school, and Mirslou was a big hit. Odd story behind that. The song is an old Middle Eastern one, maybe 19th Century, originally for the oud. Apparently popular at weddings, etc. Misr is Egypt, and Lou is a girl of Muslim backgound, as opposed to a Coptic Christian. Thingy's father was an oud player. (I'm writing thingy on purpose: sorta funny.) It's been said that much surf music shows a Middle Eastern influence, not the R&B or rock that was current.

When all is said and done more will have been said than done.

IP Logged

Mauro Fiorentini
Forum Moderation

Forge your future with
the hammer of your mind!

Ancona, Italy.
Reply #29 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 6:27pm

Rockin' goose - Johnny & the hurricanes!
Greetings,
Mauro.

Like! Smiley https://www.facebook.com/Arte-Picena-238289793027749/timeline/
Greetings,
Mauro.

Mauro Fiorentini - 339-525

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Rat Man)