Send Topic Print
Storage (Read 4750 times)
Durc
Tiro

One shot, one hit. Maybe.
I don't know.

Storage
Mar 6th, 2011 at 12:06am

I was wondering how you guys store your slings. Mine is simply one string in the pouch and then it is rolled up and the other string ties it in a cylinder.

A nice *WHUP!* followed by a nice *THWACK!* is what I live for.

IP Logged

Woonilsra
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: Storage
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 12:42am

I just put them into my pocket, nothing special.

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"&&&&"A sword is a weapon. The art of swordsmanship is learning how to kill. That is the truth"&&&&"Dead!" I answered, and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me. "First the alien ... then the Jew. I did no more than you let me do."

IP Logged

David Morningstar
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

UK
Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 7:18am

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 8:01am

When David first posted this method of tying up your slings so they don't get tangled I adopted it and have been doing it ever since.  It's a great idea.  I have a lot of slings right now.  As the weather turns nice I'll be running into my young friends outside and I'll be giving them all away.  They know that if I'm walking the dogs with my back pack I'll have them.  I installed a board of coat hooks near my door and I hang the slings there for now.

IP Logged

leadrocks

stay simple. serve god.
live free.

custer city, oklahoma
Reply #4 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 10:38am

i just keep one stuffed in my back pocket. never had a problem with tangling or anything.

'Those who would sacrifice their freedom for safety&&Will find that they will inherit neither'&&--Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
past-moderator

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #5 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 12:57pm

My sisal slings are hanging by their pouch from a coat hanger to keep them from getting kinked, and the rest are rolled up with the cords tucked into their pouches.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Reply #6 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 3:06pm

David Morningstar wrote on Mar 6th, 2011 at 7:18am:

Two years later (and I`ve still not got any good leather) I still use this method on pouch and cord type slings.
But mostly I use braided slings which don`t tangle as much, and therefore they are just stuffed in a pocket.
timann

IP Logged

Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 9:24pm

For my EDC sling, I roll the limbs around two fingers, and then tuck them in the pouch.  And then I stuff it in my back pocket.  I actually learned that from an old post here.

We Few, We Happy Few, We Band of Slingers!

Longbowmen draw to the ear!

IP Logged

Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Reply #8 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 3:43am

Nice name, Durc. Welcome to the forum.

IP Logged

starhiker
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Eatonville, Washington
Reply #9 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 2:07pm

Masiakasaurus wrote on Mar 6th, 2011 at 12:57pm:
My sisal slings are hanging by their pouch from a coat hanger to keep them from getting kinked, and the rest are rolled up with the cords tucked into their pouches.

Great minds think alike?  I also keep my sisal slings draped over a coat hanger when they are not in the back of my truck.  I do keep one sling permanently in the side pocket of my backpack so I won't forget it if I head up into the mountains.

I'm sliiiiinging in the rain, just sliiiiinging in the rain.  What a wooonderful feeeling I'm sliiiiinging again!

IP Logged

Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Reply #10 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 12:33am

Might I reccomend you keep it on your person? I do, and it's a rare day when I forget my sling,

IP Logged

paracordslinger

Paid by the hour, Older
by the minute

kansas
Reply #11 - Mar 16th, 2011 at 11:55am

i have a diamond shape pouch, so i fold it in half so the strings are togetre then wind it in a fasion of down, cross, around, cross, down, repeat until you are about 3" away from the end, then tuck under another string, then snug it up Cool

Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Kick, vetryan15, Rat Man, Chris, joe_meadmaker)