Send Topic Print
slinging waterbombs? (Read 1442 times)
arbeitsrasta
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Munich, Germany
slinging waterbombs?
Jan 17th, 2011 at 2:17pm

Hi fellows! (first of all sorry for my bad english)

Has anyone ever tried to sling a waterbomb?
The idea came up to me and a good friend of mine in last summer, but it didn't went well, the bombs used to explode before we just slung it, i think this is because of the centrifual forces. we just tried with open pouches, perhaps a closed one could work?

the idea is to stand about 30 meters away (in the summer of course), slinging waterbombs at each other, who first moves loses  Grin

does someone have a hint?

best regards from munich,

markus

IP Logged

echelon7
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Re: slinging waterbombs?
Reply #1 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 2:20pm

well i have never had problem with them exploding in the pouch.  my issue was they would slip out right before i slung them because they cannot hold their structural integrity. my best advice for my self was to make an extremely cupped sling.  i havnt tried it yet but it seems like it would work for me.  idk if this helps you but maybe a sling with more of a cup would help.

IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 2:38pm

If a water bomb is the same as a water baloon then yes I have tried it. In my expierience do to the centrifical force the baloon "morphs" out around the pouch. That was the result of the hand sling now after using the hand sling I used a staff sling (If you are not familiar with the staff sling look in the FAQ section in either General Discussion or Project Goliath - The History of the sling) this worked very well, I found that if you sling to hard however that the water baloons velocity will be too high and will break in flight but, with a moderte throw from a staff sling it worked quite well.

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

Cthulhu
Descens

Slinging Rocks!  (and
tennis balls)

hiding somewhere in Indiana
Reply #3 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 2:48pm

waterbombs? HA!  Grin Real men throw and play chicken with light javelins ( spearhead removed, of course).

never had much luck with waterballons. Tried it when I first started slinging, along with two other people, but we were not accurate enough to actually hit each other. Might be a bit more fun now though.

"aw, thats  cute..." &&yes, why don't you stand next to that tree over there and tell me how "cute" it is again.

IP Logged

aurelio
Descens

...then, the ape stood
and took a rock.

Spain
Reply #4 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 3:15pm

Oh, you stole me the idea for the next summer. I think i'll try anyway no waiting  the summer season.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
past-moderator

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #5 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 3:20pm

Cthulhu wrote on Jan 17th, 2011 at 2:48pm:
waterbombs? HA!  Grin Real men throw and play chicken with light javelins ( spearhead removed, of course).

Real men also apparently drool out the gap between their 3 remaing teeth and wear an eye patch. Grin Have fun, be dangerous every once in a while, but don't kill yourself. I've take a baseball bat to the face a couple times; if a javelin pole feels like that then I don't recommend it.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 7:13pm

Cthulhu wrote on Jan 17th, 2011 at 2:48pm:
waterbombs? HA!  Grin Real men throw and play chicken with light javelins ( spearhead removed, of course).

never had much luck with waterballons. Tried it when I first started slinging, along with two other people, but we were not accurate enough to actually hit each other. Might be a bit more fun now though.

I used to do something like that for fun but, just with a bamboo staff and it was kind of like playing catch with a football just manlier  Wink  and we "usually" wore eye protection and didn't aim at the head on purpose, a hard wood stave would probably be a bad idea.

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

Cthulhu
Descens

Slinging Rocks!  (and
tennis balls)

hiding somewhere in Indiana
Reply #7 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 8:29pm

as I said, light javelin. Me and my friends actually just used a piece of pvc piping with a wooden spearhead  pounded into one end. Still left a good scar (not on me Grin_

"aw, thats  cute..." &&yes, why don't you stand next to that tree over there and tell me how "cute" it is again.

IP Logged

Teg
Interfector Viris Spurii

Central Europe
Reply #8 - Jan 18th, 2011 at 2:12pm

Take quite thick balloons and tape them crosswise with wide duct tape. But remember one thing: They're quite heavy and can have quite a velocity! If I remember right Jaegoor smashed a shield once with waterballoons and a staff sling...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Kick, Morphy, Chris, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Rat Man)