Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print
MORE FREE SLINGS FOR BEGINNERS (Read 68018 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: MORE FREE SLINGS FOR BEGINNERS
Reply #15 - May 11th, 2010 at 4:32pm

WTG slingingrat.  Good for you!  I love making slings, but you can only have so many laying around the house before loved ones start to worry about your mental health, so giving them away fills two needs.  I usually give mine away in the neighborhood here or wait until a member asks me for one, but I like your idea.  Don't be surprised if I steal your thunder and, after I finish a few pending projects, do what you're doing... make a sling and post it here for whoever wants it.  Good idea.

IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #16 - May 12th, 2010 at 5:48pm

Rat Man wrote on May 11th, 2010 at 4:32pm:
WTG slingingrat.  Good for you!  I love making slings, but you can only have so many laying around the house before loved ones start to worry about your mental health, so giving them away fills two needs.  I usually give mine away in the neighborhood here or wait until a member asks me for one, but I like your idea.  Don't be surprised if I steal your thunder and, after I finish a few pending projects, do what you're doing... make a sling and post it here for whoever wants it.  Good idea.

Feel free to post them on this same tread or maybe we can make one just for people to list slings they want to give away (since u and i may not be the only ones with the mental health thing going on) Wink Grin

When I go bear hunting all I take is a bat and when I find the bear I give him the bat to make things even&&&&When the goverment takes all the guns who ever has the most swords axes clubs spears bows and slings WILL RULE THE WORLD A HAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry did I say that out loud
Evan Werner  
IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #17 - May 13th, 2010 at 11:13pm

slingingrat wrote on May 12th, 2010 at 5:48pm:
Rat Man wrote on May 11th, 2010 at 4:32pm:
WTG slingingrat.  Good for you!  I love making slings, but you can only have so many laying around the house before loved ones start to worry about your mental health, so giving them away fills two needs.  I usually give mine away in the neighborhood here or wait until a member asks me for one, but I like your idea.  Don't be surprised if I steal your thunder and, after I finish a few pending projects, do what you're doing... make a sling and post it here for whoever wants it.  Good idea.

Feel free to post them on this same tread or maybe we can make one just for people to list slings they want to give away (since u and i may not be the only ones with the mental health thing going on) Wink Grin

LOL slingingrat Grin Gottal say, I love mental health and not just my own! Just finished a wool over hemp. As soon as I get the image on the net, i'll get the sling on this thread.

walter

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #18 - May 15th, 2010 at 11:46am

This sling is accryllic wool over hemp; 28 inches from the pouch ctr to the release cord and the finger loop is 3 3/4 inches. If you are new to slinging, need a sling and would like this one, pm me with your name and address.

The scan doesn't show the colors like they really are. Camo for sure!) They are forest green, black, grey and brown.

walter
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2010 at 7:51pm by walter »  

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #19 - May 17th, 2010 at 6:23pm

Hey there walter thanks for posting one of your slings up here i am sure there is some one out there who would love to have it i allso think this tread is a great way to help keep slinging going as a sport since one of the things that seems to keep some form sling is they dont know how to make a good sling so by giving them one they can start sling knowing they have a good sling to use while they work the bugs out of making there own so thank you walter and every one who has shown support to this tread Wink Grin

When I go bear hunting all I take is a bat and when I find the bear I give him the bat to make things even&&&&When the goverment takes all the guns who ever has the most swords axes clubs spears bows and slings WILL RULE THE WORLD A HAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry did I say that out loud
Evan Werner  
IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #20 - May 21st, 2010 at 11:15pm

[quote author=walter link=1271708153/15#18 date=1273938399]This sling is accryllic wool over hemp; 28 inches from the pouch ctr to the release cord and the finger loop is 3 3/4 inches. If you are new to slinging, need a sling and would like this one, pm me with your name and address.

[URL=http://www.glowfoto.com/user_imageredirect.php?iid=3399768][IMG]http://img4.glowfoto.com/images/2010/05/03-2217142470M.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The scan doesn't show the colors like they really are. Camo for sure!) They are forest green, black, grey and brown.

walter[/quote]

This one is going to newcomer jbleich. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it ;D

walter

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #21 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 4:43pm

I still have a few of the leather pouched slings ready to go for any one who needs a good sling Smiley

Evan Werner  
IP Logged

highheeledshoe
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #22 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 8:31pm

I am new and would love one of the leather pouch slings you have left. Also, if anyone has any other quality made slings they are willing to give to me I would really appreciate having it to use as a newcomer and to look at as a basis on learning how to make slings of my own. Thanks!

IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #23 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 6:03pm

Hey there evey one just wanted to say i am getting alot of pm for slings but no one is putting there address in them and i can understand some one not wanting to put there address in a pm the frist time and it may take me a week or so to get back to u as i dont own a cumputer but i will get back to u and i do have more slings to give out and would love to do so  so if u are in need of a good sling send me a pm with an address to send it to and i will put one in the mail for u Thank and happy slinging  Grin

Evan Werner  
IP Logged

footballplayerchri
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #24 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 11:03pm

These seem sweet.

IP Logged

colejack3
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

tomball texas
Reply #25 - Jun 30th, 2010 at 10:33am

Do you have any extra slings still? im new to slinging and i made a sling and the clay ball only threw like 10 feet for some reason? Its okay if your out of the slings though man

Do not judge your neighbor  until you have walk two moons in his moccasins - cheyenne&&&&&&

IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #26 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 6:17pm

colejack3 wrote on Jun 30th, 2010 at 10:33am:
Do you have any extra slings still? im new to slinging and i made a sling and the clay ball only threw like 10 feet for some reason? Its okay if your out of the slings though man

Hey there colejack3 send me a pm with your address and i will send u a sling  Wink

Evan Werner  
IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #27 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 6:20pm

Ok i am out of the leather cupped pouch slings for now but i do have the two in the pic below so if u want one of them just send me a PM Smiley

_Preview_.JPEG (72 KB | )
_Preview_.JPEG

Evan Werner  
IP Logged

Bohh
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #28 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 3:40pm

This is a great offer!! Thank you for taking the time to do this for us newbies. I'm just starting out, in the process of making one out of Jute and searching for cotton cord. But, I'd like a sling from you if possible. That way I can know I have one that's made correctly! lol. Sending you my info Smiley

Thanks a lot!

IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #29 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 5:30pm

OK i am out of slings for now but should be making more soon so i will post more when i have them Smiley

Evan Werner  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Chris, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark)