Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print
MORE FREE SLINGS FOR BEGINNERS (Read 68020 times)
slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
MORE FREE SLINGS FOR BEGINNERS
Apr 19th, 2010 at 4:15pm

Here is a sling i made to just give away to a beginner in the sport who may not have a sling or is still learning how to make there own  the sling is 30in [this is from center of pouch to release node] and made of cotton it is made for tennis ball ammo as i think this is the best ammo for a beginner to use [its soft and wont kill some one when u miss] i only have one of these so who ever PMs me there address frist will get it i do hope to do more of this so if u miss this one try back latter as i hope to have more soon Grin
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2010 at 5:59pm by slingingrat »  

media3.jpeg (58 KB | )
media3.jpeg

When I go bear hunting all I take is a bat and when I find the bear I give him the bat to make things even&&&&When the goverment takes all the guns who ever has the most swords axes clubs spears bows and slings WILL RULE THE WORLD A HAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry did I say that out loud
Evan Werner  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: FREE SLING FOR BEGINNER
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 6:37am

how about fixing some fabric round the pouch (duct or medical tape would do nicely) - I certainly wouldn't recommend an open pouch for a beginner Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 3:52pm

Like i said this sling is made for tennis balls and will holded and shoot them just as well as any soild pouch sling it will not throw rocks and othere ammo as well but i dont think a beginner should be throwing rocks at first if some one gets it and wants to throw rocks or othere ammo with it then they should sew a leather pach in or put in one of duct but this is on them so u do have a good pint aardvark Wink

When I go bear hunting all I take is a bat and when I find the bear I give him the bat to make things even&&&&When the goverment takes all the guns who ever has the most swords axes clubs spears bows and slings WILL RULE THE WORLD A HAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry did I say that out loud
Evan Werner  
IP Logged

pdmcgrane
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Jamestown, CO
Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2010 at 8:21pm

I'd love it if it's still available!! I'm new to slinging and could use the help!!! :0)

pdmcgrane pdmcgrane cpilotkid  
IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 11:52am

Slingingrat, I think that's a very helpful idea you have there. Nice sling too  Cool

walter

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #5 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 11:49am

walter wrote on Apr 23rd, 2010 at 11:52am:
Slingingrat, I think that's a very helpful idea you have there. Nice sling too  Cool

walter

Thank you walter i do like the feed back

Evan Werner  
IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #6 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 11:52am

Ok this sling is gone but i sould have a few more in a week or so i will post them here when i have them or  just shoot me a pm and i will let u know Shocked Grin

Evan Werner  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #7 - May 2nd, 2010 at 6:56am

so who got it ?

And: good on yer !
It's keeping a long standing slinging.org tradition going Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #8 - May 3rd, 2010 at 5:55pm

IH there aardvark  Dalamara got the sling a i had a few otheres ask so i will be make a few more slings up and hope to have them posted by the end of the week if any one is looking these will most likly be leather pouched  Wink

Evan Werner  
IP Logged

Kerugma
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #9 - May 4th, 2010 at 3:21pm

I'm not one to ask for things. I was raised that if you can't get it or make it yourself then you don't need it.  However, I've attempted two slings at this point and neither meets my expectations of what sling should do... now, I know some of this is user error but it would be handy to have a sling that I knew wasn't bullox to learn with.   I'd be willing to pay for shipping if you end up with an unclaimed sling at some point.

Many thanks,

Kerugma

EDIT:  I decided I should keep trying and ended up with a much more functional rock slinger.  
(not sure why the pictures didn't link -
because you didn't click the 'insert image' icon first (top left looks like a picture in a frame, and you used the wrong link - CA
)

Not that I'd say no to another to play with but I'm really pretty happy with this one so far... threw rocks with it tonight till it was too dark to find ammo.  I managed to hit the tree about 50% of the time which is a HUGE improvement over how I was doing with the other 2.  I think with a few years of practice I might get good at this.   Smiley
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2010 at 3:25pm by Curious Aardvark »  

My gun is more accurate but my sling is more fun!&&&&They might outlaw the sale of bullets but rocks are free.

IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #10 - May 6th, 2010 at 5:57pm

Kerugma just send me a pm with your addrress and i will send u a sling i just made up more to give out Wink

Evan Werner  
IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Re: MORE FREE SLINGS FOR BEGINNERS
Reply #11 - May 6th, 2010 at 6:10pm

Here is a pic of one of the new slings i made up to give out to beginners it a leather cuped pouch with 550 cord straps and a wood bead release and its 31in from center of pouch to release node this type of sling will throw all kinds of ammo and last a very longe time i have 4 of these to give out at the this time so if u are a beginner who needs a good sling and wants one send me a pm with our address and i will send 1 out to u Grin

5.jpeg (Attachment deleted)

Evan Werner  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #12 - May 9th, 2010 at 3:27pm

Excellent job slingingrat  Smiley
Good looking sling !

IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Reply #13 - May 10th, 2010 at 2:05pm

Excellent sling, slingingrat, and I love the pouch.  In fact nearly similar to some I made, and even gave away a couple of to people I know distantly, back when I had suitable leather.  A safe bet, a sling like that , it will surely be a great aid for a beginner.
timann

IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #14 - May 10th, 2010 at 4:04pm

Thanks there aardvark and timann  just tring to help any one who wants it but these slings i have had posted for a week or so and on one has asked for one i thought they would all be gone by now but i still have all 4 so at least for these 4 i will give them to any one who ask not just begginers so if any one wants one send me a pm with our address and i will mail u one Wink Cheesy

Evan Werner  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini)