Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Slinging Footballs (Read 1225 times)
me2
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Slinging Footballs
Mar 17th, 2010 at 9:16pm

I decided to give it a try and made a Sierra Nevada style sling out of jute with an 8" long pouch for holding Nerf footballs.  Works like a charm with bizzantine style and figure 8.  I can effortlessly throw one across my back yard and further with a nice spiral.  Bizzantine gives a better spiral so far, but I may just need more practice with figure 8.  It also works well for the 6"-8" diameter rubber kickballs.  With the round balls, I can use balearic style too.

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Re: Slinging Footballs
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2010 at 4:40pm

probably good for slinging pesky kids over the fence too Wink

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Woonilsra
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2010 at 8:06pm

how much larger are nerf footballs than real footballs? nerf aint bad, but real footballs would be even better!

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"&&&&"A sword is a weapon. The art of swordsmanship is learning how to kill. That is the truth"&&&&"Dead!" I answered, and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me. "First the alien ... then the Jew. I did no more than you let me do."

IP Logged

Et Cetera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks Into Windows!

Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2010 at 7:45am

I tried this once, with a bit smaller sized football. I made a sling out of some rope, like a sheep shank sling. It didn't work very well for me, but maybe if you had a good pouch and an elevated place to stand (picnic table?) it might work better.

IP Logged

Sgt.X-treme
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2010 at 2:40pm

I thought of making a sling somewhat like that to throw dodgeballs, because I have never heard of a rule against it (yet) that would be great, the ball making a loud WHOOOOSH through the air

IP Logged

me2
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 9:28am

Woonilsra wrote on Mar 18th, 2010 at 8:06pm:
how much larger are nerf footballs than real footballs? nerf aint bad, but real footballs would be even better!

They are slightly smaller than real footballs.  Real footballs are more expensive and I didn't have any available to make the sling, otherwise I would have tried. 

You need a pretty long split pouch model sling, or a leather/cloth pouch shaped for a football.  I've found that split pouches give a better spiral.  I put one side of the pouch on each end of the threads.  The Nerf balls are light enough that they will curve and will not fly in a straight line all the time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Chris, Rat Man, Kick, vetryan15)