Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seatbelt Slings for Snow (Read 1502 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Seatbelt Slings for Snow
Dec 22nd, 2009 at 2:38pm

Yo;
   I've read a few threads about how good seatbelt slings are supposed to be for snowballs.  Finally there's enough snow on the ground here to test that assertion.  Today I headed out with one of the slings that ilpc sent me in a trade a while back.  The cords are about 38".  I thought that the sling would be too thin to properly hold the snowballs, but this isn't the case at all.  It's a perfect snowball hurler.  Though I was standing on packed snow and ice and consequently unable to step through I was still achieving sixty and seventy yard shots with ease.  I'd be embarrassed to tell you how far I can throw a snowball without one.  For snow seatbelt slings rule.

IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Re: Seatbelt Slings for Snow
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 2:54pm

I also found it to be the right tool for the job, before the COLD came and made it impossible to make snowballs anymore.
timann

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2009 at 8:37pm

We're supposed to have a warm spell over the next few days which will sadly melt a lot of our big snow.  The good side of it is that the snow packs into snowballs perfectly as it melts.

IP Logged

ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Reply #3 - Dec 23rd, 2009 at 9:19am

I was going to start a thread about this. Yesterday I tried this out at the office. I was getting about 30 yards with a 20 inch sling.

My coworkers asked for seatbelt slings, this Saturday there will be an epic lunch break snowball fight. Grin

Am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing that people are debating the merits of riot shields against zombies in a totally normal manner?     I do love this forum. -Morphy

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #4 - Dec 23rd, 2009 at 8:35pm

ilovepancakes wrote on Dec 23rd, 2009 at 9:19am:
I was going to start a thread about this. Yesterday I tried this out at the office. I was getting about 30 yards with a 20 inch sling.

My coworkers asked for seatbelt slings, this Saturday there will be an epic lunch break snowball fight. Grin

I wish that I could be there.

IP Logged

ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Reply #5 - Dec 23rd, 2009 at 9:37pm

Rat Man wrote on Dec 23rd, 2009 at 8:35pm:
ilovepancakes wrote on Dec 23rd, 2009 at 9:19am:

I wish that I could be there.

I was ambushed today after I got back from lunch. These kids have no idea what Pandoras Box they just opened. I am glad they were using the slings though. Grin

Am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing that people are debating the merits of riot shields against zombies in a totally normal manner?     I do love this forum. -Morphy

IP Logged

Knaight
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Tennis Balls!

Colorado
Reply #6 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 3:22am

I love snowball slinging. I use one of my three strand woven para cord pouch slings for it(They are a nightmare to make, but I just need practice, and they are beautiful), and off the snowballs went. My best was a 120 or so yard shot, but I had another I thought would have gone further. Alas, I actually managed to hit the branch I was aiming for that time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Morphy, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Rat Man)