Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
70 missing clay glandes. (Read 3178 times)
RJB

Slinging Rocks!

Western North Carolina
70 missing clay glandes.
Dec 12th, 2009 at 5:05pm

I went out of town for a week and couldn't find my clay ammo when I came back.

I set up my backyard ISAC ranges and noted there was more ice in the 5 gallon bucket than rain we received.  I was curious when I dumped the ice out and saw a mass of mud at the bottom. 

@#$%#%#!   Well I found my clay Cheesy 

Guess what I'm going to be (re)making tonight?

IP Logged

RJB

Slinging Rocks!

Western North Carolina
Re: 70 missing clay glandes.
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 5:06pm

BTW.  I did have fun busting up the ice that formed at the top of the bucket.  It made a good round target.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
past-moderator

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #2 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 5:23pm

RJB wrote on Dec 12th, 2009 at 5:06pm:
BTW.  I did have fun busting up the ice that formed at the top of the bucket.  It made a good round target.

I've toyed with filling easter eggs with water and putting them in the freezer as ammo. Don't need to buy clay, melts when you're done, and can be used with rain water, so it essentially costs nothing. Maybe you should use that ice as more than a target.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

RJB

Slinging Rocks!

Western North Carolina
Reply #3 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 5:46pm

Masiakasaurus wrote on Dec 12th, 2009 at 5:23pm:
RJB wrote on Dec 12th, 2009 at 5:06pm:
BTW.  I did have fun busting up the ice that formed at the top of the bucket.  It made a good round target.

I've toyed with filling easter eggs with water and putting them in the freezer as ammo. Don't need to buy clay, melts when you're done, and can be used with rain water, so it essentially costs nothing. Maybe you should use that ice as more than a target.

I love how people on this forum think.

Actually, an ice ball could be a "perfect murder" weapon for a detective story...  The victim was found murdered in a locked room on the a 3rd floor.  There was a knot on his head, a small hole in the window, and a water stain on the carpet.  However no object was located that could have caused the knot on the head.  And the police think it would be impossible for any one to throw any object past the 50 yards that the assailant would have had to throw it from and are ruling out foul play.  However Dectective so-n-so believes he can find the culprit...

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #4 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 7:09pm

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 9:57pm

.. a sad but funny story.  I hate doing the same work twice.

IP Logged

TN.Frank
Funditor

Throwin' sticks and stones.

Crossville, TN. U.S.A.
Reply #6 - Dec 13th, 2009 at 10:05am

Old ninja trick was to stab someone with a blade made of ice, When it'd melt there'd be no weapon to be found, just a neat hole in the victim. Roll Eyes

Judges 20:16 "Out of all these troops, the best 700 were left-handed. Each could sling a stone at a hair and not miss."&&&&http://www.glockforum.com/forum&&

IP Logged

Liberty dog
Funditor

mobile pocket artillery

south carolina, usa
Reply #7 - Dec 13th, 2009 at 8:49pm

ice glands....genius

illumination through target annihilation&&&&moving continents one rock at a time&&&&my sling aches with inaction&&&&hit.....run....hide......the Highland way.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #8 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 7:06am

there was an episode of tales of the unexpected, where woman beat her husband to death with a frozen leg of lamb. She then cooks the lamb and feeds it to the police when they come round lol

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

kuggur slingdog
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 8:59am

That story was written by Roald Dahl.

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #10 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 3:51pm

my favorite one too...

how useful in acutall life would an icicle work? i know in a large amount flash frozen it would be strong, but as a spike?

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #11 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 6:13pm

I think it would be hard to use an icicle may be a blade made of ice but this to would be hard to stab in to some one with out it breaking as for the ice ball murder sounds like a case for monk Grin

When I go bear hunting all I take is a bat and when I find the bear I give him the bat to make things even&&&&When the goverment takes all the guns who ever has the most swords axes clubs spears bows and slings WILL RULE THE WORLD A HAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry did I say that out loud
Evan Werner  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Chris, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Rat Man)