Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
this is cool
Oct 24th, 2009 at 5:22pm

this is pretty awesome

ill probably make one from light weight stuff, rather then this 2 pound killer

http://www.coldsteel.com/torpedo.html

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Re: this is cool
Reply #1 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 5:52am

They are incredibly cool, and awesome, and unpractical.  They are fun to play with in the yard, but is hard to carry along to another throwing site.
I know this, I have brought one of my two into the forest, by placing one behind my belt an having a jacket over it.  It is smooth and heavy, and want to slide up or down, and both of the two points pokes holes in clothing and skin.  When it hits on its flat, it chimes like a bell, so it is a little difficult to practice with them in a discrete way.
If they hit the ground point first, they slide smoothly beneath the turf and disappear.
With other words, lot of fun Wink

Making one from light weight stuff seem like a good idea.  But of course, if this 2 pound thing is thrown at someone in self defense, or at a small animal intended to be dinner, it would not matter that much which way it hit Shocked
timann

IP Logged

Bikewer
Interfector Viris Spurii

I love Slinging.org!

St. Louis, Mo
Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 11:20am

I considered buying one some time back, but I figured it would make short work of my 2" lumber target.  Shaped just like a splitting wedge, they are...

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 8:08am

looks like fun - but you can see from the video that 90% of the time it doesn't hit point first - I can do way more damage with a short sling - and from that distance, probably as accurate.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

raincaller

Sinister Slinger...

Reply #4 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 12:10am

I have one of these, so far it has shattered every one of my 2x targets it really does hit like a truck and its totally impractical to carry anywhere outside your yard (unless you have some special sleeve or sheath of some kind).  I totally agree with everything Timann says throwing a 2lb weight at someone it doesn't quite matter what part of it you hit with it will do a lot of damage.

~rain

IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #5 - Nov 28th, 2009 at 4:22pm

It is still very cool  Cool

When I go bear hunting all I take is a bat and when I find the bear I give him the bat to make things even&&&&When the goverment takes all the guns who ever has the most swords axes clubs spears bows and slings WILL RULE THE WORLD A HAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry did I say that out loud
Evan Werner  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini)