Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Seatbelt  Slings - Tutorial (Read 93248 times)
ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Re: Aussie's New Slings - Tutorial
Reply #90 - Dec 7th, 2009 at 7:39am

Aussie wrote on Dec 6th, 2009 at 11:07pm:
Donnerschlag wrote on Dec 6th, 2009 at 10:50pm:
I'm still wondering why this hasn't been stickied; or better yet; Put in the Guides and Articles section.  Huh

OK Here it is stickied. As a Guides and Articles entry it would need to be tidied up quite a bit. Feel free to do it.

Aussie,

I will clean this up and make it ready to Guides and Articles. I would like to use both yours and PJs tutorials as I feel they both add a lot of value.

Liberty Dog,

When switching to a "seatbelt sling" for a heavier sling I always find myself being a bit more accurate also.

Am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing that people are debating the merits of riot shields against zombies in a totally normal manner?     I do love this forum. -Morphy

IP Logged

Liberty dog
Funditor

mobile pocket artillery

south carolina, usa
Re: Seatbelt  Slings - Tutorial
Reply #91 - Dec 7th, 2009 at 9:43pm

i tried it out this morning before work....i was letting my truck warm up and i thought it was a great time to sling a few rocks with my new seatbelt sling.
what i found is that if i use it with the natural pouch side it throws to the left(using byzantine style)
so i remembered aussie mentioning that if you use the other side of the pouch( that would be the non-natural pouch side) that it would work much better. so i tried it and i am very pleased with its performance thus far. can't wait to do some more slinging.

illumination through target annihilation&&&&moving continents one rock at a time&&&&my sling aches with inaction&&&&hit.....run....hide......the Highland way.

IP Logged

ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Reply #92 - Dec 7th, 2009 at 10:04pm

Liberty dog wrote on Dec 7th, 2009 at 9:43pm:
i tried it out this morning before work....i was letting my truck warm up and i thought it was a great time to sling a few rocks with my new seatbelt sling.
what i found is that if i use it with the natural pouch side it throws to the left(using byzantine style)
so i remembered aussie mentioning that if you use the other side of the pouch( that would be the non-natural pouch side) that it would work much better. so i tried it and i am very pleased with its performance thus far. can't wait to do some more slinging.

I think I am following you on the natural and not natural pouch sides. I noticed in your picture the the R&R cords were on the inside of the pocket. After making over 100 slings of this design I have found that cords on the outside of the pouch is where it's at. Next one you make try it out, I promise you will like it better.

Am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing that people are debating the merits of riot shields against zombies in a totally normal manner?     I do love this forum. -Morphy

IP Logged

Liberty dog
Funditor

mobile pocket artillery

south carolina, usa
Reply #93 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 9:39pm

put a pic of that up here....i'm not following that....i'm looking at mine and just not seeing what your talking about. Huh

illumination through target annihilation&&&&moving continents one rock at a time&&&&my sling aches with inaction&&&&hit.....run....hide......the Highland way.

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #94 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 3:49am

Liberty dog wrote on Dec 10th, 2009 at 9:39pm:
put a pic of that up here....i'm not following that....i'm looking at mine and just not seeing what your talking about. Huh

I originally envisaged the pouch being used with the folded edges turned out. Refer to the first photo in the thread which shows what would be the inside of the pouch. However some have found they get better results using it the other way, so the folded edges are towards the inside, the opposite of the original photo. I tried both ways and didn't really find much difference; find what suits you.

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Reply #95 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 7:22am

Liberty dog wrote on Dec 10th, 2009 at 9:39pm:

As Aussie said the first picture in this thead has the Release and Retention cords on the outside of the pouch. In the picture you posted your cords are on the inside of the pouch. It is just personal preference, my arguement for cords on the outside is that I feel it gives the stone a better roll out.

IP Logged

Liberty dog
Funditor

mobile pocket artillery

south carolina, usa
Reply #96 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 5:35pm

ah.... now i get it....ty

IP Logged

ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Reply #97 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 7:19am

Liberty dog wrote on Dec 11th, 2009 at 5:35pm:
ah.... now i get it....ty

It is just a personal preferece LD. But I do think it makes a little bit of a difference.

IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Reply #98 - Dec 13th, 2009 at 1:13pm

This is not my first picture if this sling in this thread, but the first time I told you all this was intended to be my new long distance golf ball sling.  Today there was no rain and no people, and still daylight, on the football field, and so I could finally try it.
It is 50" folded, so I used my favorite long sling style, overhand with pirouette.
After some tweaking and fumbling with both release knot placement and the style itself, I was suddenly able to sling those golf balls around 100 meters, in an almost straight line, horizontally and vertically,  and in the direction I wanted. 
I call that a success Smiley.
timann

IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Reply #99 - Dec 13th, 2009 at 1:20pm

I prefer the inside, like this.  After trying both sides, it seemed best for my use, just because Wink.
But, both sides is fine.
By the way, this webbing is a little less wide than real seat belts.
timann

IP Logged

colejack3
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

tomball texas
Reply #100 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 3:47pm

So how do you do the whipping?

Do not judge your neighbor  until you have walk two moons in his moccasins - cheyenne&&&&&&

IP Logged

ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Reply #101 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 5:35pm

PJ PM'ed me a short video. I will see if I can find it for you.

IP Logged

colejack3
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

tomball texas
Reply #102 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 5:42pm

Thanks. I want to make more seat belt slings So I can have more than one with me at a time Smiley

Do not judge your neighbor  until you have walk two moons in his moccasins - cheyenne&&&&&&

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #103 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 10:09am

The more I use seatbelt slings the more I like them.  It's like "they can't be this good... they're too easy to make!"  Even with all of the different slings of many types I have to choose from every day I'm finding a seatbelt sling to be my go to.  It's all good.  All of my young slingers in the neighborhood and I are loving seatbelt slings.

IP Logged

ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Reply #104 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 1:12pm

I believe that this is the video that PJ PMed me. I can't find it in my inbox but this looks similar at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2HFjSW37a8

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris)