Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
Seatbelt  Slings - Tutorial (Read 93240 times)
Conor147

I dont always herp, but
when I herp, I derp.

Glasgow, Scotland
Re: Seatbelt  Slings - Tutorial
Reply #120 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 12:42pm

so simple, and looks really effective too.

but im wondering, from the projectiles perspective while its sitting in the pouch, would the ends of the pouch get in the way at all? i make paracord slings and if the inside of the pouch on the release cord side isnt smooth enough from rest until the stone leaves the sling, all sorts of misfires can happen. ive even had one stone that was jagged catch it and damage it.

"Because there are laws such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the Universe going."&&&&"Men think epilepsy divine, merely because they do not understand it. But if they called everything divine which they do not understand, why, there would be no end to divine things."
Conor147  
IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #121 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 1:48pm

It may depend to some extent on style, but I can't recall ever having a projectile hang up in one of my seatbelt slings. Usually when I leave the house I have at least one seatbelt sling with me.  I love the way they work plus if someone hits me up for a sling it's no big deal to give one away in that they're very fast and easy to make.

IP Logged

Donnerschlag
Interfector Viris Spurii

I put the 'K' in "Kwality"!

Portland, OR
Reply #122 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 2:44pm

I think the way that the pouch is formed where it transitions into the release cord forms a little "ramp" of sorts, as opposed to some obstruction for the projectile to catch on.

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that shows you tried."
-Bob Ross

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #123 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 4:46pm

I've had a rock hang up in a seatbelt pouch, so I tried it with the knots on the inside of the pouch and it works real well. In fact, it's one of my favorite designs. I tried leather instead of seatbelt material and like that even better.  Shocked

walter

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Reply #124 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 5:48pm

Donnerschlag wrote on Oct 11th, 2010 at 2:44pm:
I think the way that the pouch is formed where it transitions into the release cord forms a little "ramp" of sorts, as opposed to some obstruction for the projectile to catch on.

I have always thought that also. Never had anything get caught up in one either.

Am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing that people are debating the merits of riot shields against zombies in a totally normal manner?     I do love this forum. -Morphy

IP Logged

Jabames
Interfector Viris Spurii

:3

Alaska
Reply #125 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 2:14pm

very nice!!!(2 thumbs up)  seems similar to a sling tutorial by timothy potter on his site http://www.seekyee.com/Slings/howtos/leather1.htm ; I made one like this with paracord,  but I had to sacrifice the cord and leather to make something else  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
past-moderator

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #126 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 2:52pm

A seatbelt sling mailed to me by slingingrat is one of my favorite slings. I definitely suggest making one of these, or trading for one.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

jpderidder
Tiro

Oeps!

zeeland. the old one!
Reply #127 - May 12th, 2011 at 12:28pm

hey guys thanks for this treath. i learnd a lot ant make my own its a wonderfull sling,!

Vires et honestas

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #128 - May 14th, 2011 at 4:25am

One of my best seatbelt slings. I've posted the picture before but I wanted to show how potentially neat the constrictions can be.

IMG_0019_001.JPG (148 KB | )
IMG_0019_001.JPG

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #129 - May 14th, 2011 at 3:30pm

Beautiful sling, Aussie.  Is that lawn mower pull start cord? Seatbelt slings take very little time and are very easy to make once you learn how.  Yet it's hard to find a sling more versatile and effective.  There's no better snowball sling.

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #130 - May 14th, 2011 at 4:11pm

not to be an ass, but i'm not the biggest fan of seat belt slings. i don't like how the pouch doesn't securely cup over the ammo i'm using. it doesn't slip, but i don't like the feel. the seat belt material is too stiff and it doesn't bend around the ammo. that being said for those who like it it's an excellent design and i have to say it's extremely useful. heck, using the same knot and everything, but with a duct tape pouch or something makes it an A+ in my book.

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #131 - May 14th, 2011 at 7:55pm

Rat Man wrote on May 14th, 2011 at 3:30pm:
Beautiful sling, Aussie.  Is that lawn mower pull start cord? Seatbelt slings take very little time and are very easy to make once you learn how.  Yet it's hard to find a sling more versatile and effective.  There's no better snowball sling.

It's climbing accessory cord from an outdoor equipment shop. Excellent quality and soft feel.

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

jpderidder
Tiro

Oeps!

zeeland. the old one!
Reply #132 - May 15th, 2011 at 5:46pm

i was wondering if any of you have tried waxed dental flos for the lassing?
im thinking to give it a try.
or perhaps some other waxed cord

Vires et honestas

IP Logged

Slingarock
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Killen, Alabama
Reply #133 - Sep 22nd, 2011 at 1:48pm

Very cool Idea- gotta get some old seat belts now!   Check out the slings I made on Etsy -  Sling a rock make a smile-

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #134 - Sep 22nd, 2011 at 5:24pm

jpderidder wrote on May 15th, 2011 at 5:46pm:
i was wondering if any of you have tried waxed dental flos for the lassing?
im thinking to give it a try.
or perhaps some other waxed cord

Dental floss  works great for whipping. If I were you I'd out done super glue on. This goes for all types of whipping

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Morphy, Kick, joe_meadmaker)