Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Four! (Read 875 times)
Royal
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Four!
Jan 13th, 2009 at 9:37pm

I'm an old truck driver ... I occasionally fling rocks without great accuracy ... using a sling made from the directions of that fellow in Greenland (Tak for det!)  I found a couple of fotos in the news that I thought were interesting and emailed them to Chris ... he said I needed to post them myself.  Some guy in Gaza took these fotos ... I claim nothing.  The Santa one was at Christmas time.  The other one shows several people practicing ...

/Users/royalmeservy/Desktop/palestinianSanta2.jpg

/Users/royalmeservy/Desktop/slingshot_pal.jpg

It doesn't look like these images will even be there ... despite reading the page on how to post images ... oh well.  I tried. Tongue

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Re: Four!
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 1:46am

Royal,

First off, welcome to Slinging.org!

Concerning pictures, you got it half right.  You can link an image into your message, but it has to be an image that is located on the Slinging.org server (your images are located on your own computer, and Slinging.org cannot get to them).  Chris isn't doing image uploads anymore, because we've got a new way of doing it: you can attach an image to your message, by using the attachment area below the message area.

You may not have realized the attachment area was there, if (like me) your screen isn't big enough to show the message area AND the attachment area of the new-message window.  The attachment area is below the message area where you type your new message.  You will have to scroll up to see it.  You can type in the pathname to your picture, or just click the Browse button and navigate to it in the window that pops up.  Either way, when you post your message, the picture will be shown with your message.

The only shortcoming is that you can only attach ONE picture to each message.  So you will have to post two new messages, one for each picture.

I am going to leave your message (and my reply) here for a couple of days, because you will be expecting to find it here where you posted it.  But it really belongs in the Introductions area since it is your first post.  I will move it later, after you have had a chance to re-post your pictures.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Chris)