Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
sling not yet  arrived (Read 1831 times)
luella
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

sling not yet  arrived
Nov 20th, 2008 at 5:09am

hello!  I love this site, it is enjoyable and informative. (have particularly enjoyed viewing the photo gallery depicting modern-day slingers) I am rather keen to receive the sling as promised in exchange for a donation as promised in the box on the homepage.  I have a son who is waiting anxiously for this item!  S I am writing to check with you that there is indeed a sling on the way as we have made the donation via paypal, and desire some verification and if possible, an estimated time of arrival.  Thanks and happy slinging ....Luella

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: sling not yet  arrived
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 11:56am

contact chris on info@slinging.org

Basically it's chris who runs the site and sends out the free slings for donations. He might be away from home at the moment.

One other way to get a free sling is to contact aussieslinger and he'll send you one free, gratis and for nothing - simply because he's a brilliant bloke Smiley
Given that chris can get very busy - you would probably get aussies first anyway.

You will get one from chris - but it might not be quick Smiley
Hope that helps.

click below for link to aussieslingers fantastic giveaway thread.
http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1169030739

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Burner
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take me out to the ball
game........

Northeast Florida
Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 10:26pm

Hello Luella and son!!

Greetings from slingingdotorg!!Where are ya'll from?

Brett

Cleveland Rocks!

IP Logged

StaffSlinger

Slinging Rocks!

Florida
Reply #3 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 2:49pm

Luella - check your Private Messages...

CUM FUNDA PROSCRIPTAE ERUNT TUM SOLI PROSCRIPTI FUNDA HABEBUNT &&
StaffSlinger  
IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #4 - Nov 27th, 2008 at 2:02am

I responded to luella via email, but I think it is worth posting a quick note here.

First off, we are very appreciative of the contributions people make to the site.  It keeps it ad free and on big, speedy servers.

I tend to wait a week or two (or three) before sending out slings to international addresses.  This is because, unlike domestic mail, I have to make a special trip to the post office.  In this case, I was able to combine the trip with another sling heading out to New Zealand (saved me a special trip).  So I ask that international contributors be patient.  The slings will arrive. 

Chris

IP Logged

luella
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Nov 27th, 2008 at 8:53pm

thanks Chris, sling has arrived and is being used (for better and sometimes for worse) I was the first unwitting target.  hmm, maybe i need to find directions for proper use next... anyway we are having fun, and are living by a creek with lots of great stones for slinging so are well set up.  Thanks again, and also to those who replied to my message -have a great day!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris)