Send Topic Print
Slinging photos (Read 5902 times)
Rockman
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Lima, Peru
Slinging photos
Oct 6th, 2008 at 5:24pm

I took a detour at the beach today for some slinging practice and got some nice photos. This place might seem like a slinging paradise, but no so much. You get infinite ammo, but thereīs so many rocks, thereīs nowere to stand firmly!!!

PICT0002.JPG (146 KB | )
PICT0002.JPG

Preserving the sling, mankindīs original Magnum. Rookie slingers are modern superheroes: Never far away from trouble. Rockman sling tutorial: http://slinging.org/index.php?page=how-to-make-a-rockman-sling---bruno-tosso

IP Logged

Rockman
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Lima, Peru
Re: Slinging photos
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 5:27pm

Preserving the sling, mankindīs original Magnum. Rookie slingers are modern superheroes: Never far away from trouble. Rockman sling tutorial: http://slinging.org/index.php?page=how-to-make-a-rockman-sling---bruno-tosso

IP Logged

Rockman
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Lima, Peru
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 5:28pm

PICT0009.JPG (100 KB | )
PICT0009.JPG

IP Logged

Rockman
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Lima, Peru
Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 5:30pm

PICT0012.JPG (60 KB | )
PICT0012.JPG

IP Logged

Rockman
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Lima, Peru
Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 5:32pm

PICT0022.JPG (99 KB | )
PICT0022.JPG

IP Logged

Rockman
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Lima, Peru
Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 5:34pm

PICT0023.JPG (107 KB | )
PICT0023.JPG

IP Logged

Rockman
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Lima, Peru
Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 5:37pm

PICT0030.JPG (142 KB | )
PICT0030.JPG

IP Logged

David Morningstar
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

UK
Reply #7 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 5:59pm

Do you find spending a lot of time on a pebble beach makes your knees ache? I have been getting this after slinging on Pensarn beach in Wales and its annoying  Angry

IP Logged

peacefuljeffrey
Interfector Viris Spurii

Peace through superior
slinging power!

West Palm Beach
Reply #8 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 9:46pm

Rockman wrote on Oct 6th, 2008 at 5:24pm:
I took a detour at the beach today for some slinging practice and got some nice photos. This place might seem like a slinging paradise, but no so much. You get infinite ammo, but thereīs so many rocks, thereīs nowere to stand firmly!!!

So take some BUCKETS to the beach, FILL them, and take them off to where you want to throw!  Cheesy

I WISH I had a place around here that had so many rocks!  I'd be willing to carry them home on foot if need be!  In the meantime, I've had to spend money on golf balls!  Cry

Cradled rock is slung&&Once around the back and gone&&Flying far and true

IP Logged

BrianGrubbs
Funditor

Joined May 6th, 2008

Alabama
Reply #9 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 8:27am

You really should try something like the 50 second bullets from the articles section.  The amount of sling bullets you can get from one $10 bag of concrete is amazing.  If the rolling isn't your thing, then you can mould them using the inside of a tennis ball, or an easter egg, or a jello mould.  There's no call for buying golf balls just to loose them.

When in doubt, shoot for the head (worked for David anyway...)

IP Logged

peacefuljeffrey
Interfector Viris Spurii

Peace through superior
slinging power!

West Palm Beach
Reply #10 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 8:33am

There's probably a LOT of content on this site I just haven't poked into yet, and that must be one example.  Thanks, and I will check that out.

In the meantime, I found a local source of golf balls that I will call on the telephone later today.  It's a Boys and Girls Club that is fundraising by selling old range balls, and their Craigslist listing said SEVEN CENTS PER BALL, OR BEST OFFER, and they claim to have 20,000 in stock!

The listing was put up in mid September, so hopefully they've still got them.  Smiley
At 7 cents per, I might buy myself about 400 or so.  I've been enjoying golf balls as ammo.  Now, there's a good chance that if concrete balls are more massive for the same size, I'll like them even more, but they'll probably tear up my sling, won't they?  (The cradle is just woven paracord.)

IP Logged

BrianGrubbs
Funditor

Joined May 6th, 2008

Alabama
Reply #11 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 8:42am

I've never had a problem with mine doing that, especially if you give them a few coats of spray paint to smooth the surface out Wink

IP Logged

Dave M
Descens

Slinging Rocks at seagulls

Littlehampton West Sussex Eng
Reply #12 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 9:21am

Looks like Rockman and myself have the same problem slinging on a pebbly beach is great but the trouble is finding good footing, I have found it really strange when standing on solid ground using a sling, has any body else had this problem ???????????? mind you it is well worth it as ammo is unlimited and free

IP Logged

BrianGrubbs
Funditor

Joined May 6th, 2008

Alabama
Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 10:11am

Yeah, I've noticed that before.  Since the ground is shifting constantly, your stabilizer muscles get quite the workout.  I'm always left with the aching knees too... not much you can do about it, other than shuffle your feet to set them into the loose stone.  Even that doesn't help that much since you usually take a step when slinging, or at least I do.

IP Logged

peacefuljeffrey
Interfector Viris Spurii

Peace through superior
slinging power!

West Palm Beach
Reply #14 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 4:55pm

BrianGrubbs wrote on Oct 7th, 2008 at 8:42am:
I've never had a problem with mine doing that, especially if you give them a few coats of spray paint to smooth the surface out Wink

Good tip -- thank you.  Perhaps next week I'll get a chance to try this out, as long as there isn't a lot of equipment required, as I don't have a lot of room nor equipment.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, Kick)