Send Topic Print
Two changes today! (Read 8458 times)
oldavid
Descens

I sling, therefore I am
lock and loaded

Re: Two changes today!
Reply #15 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 6:12am

Congrats C_A and Aussieslinger! I always thought you guys were more helpful than the moderators other guys Roll Eyes Grin Now the
Power is YOURS
Mwahahahaha Grin (Dunno if that's a good or bad thing...)

David: "Seriously, I was just shooting that little birdie when Goliath's face suddenly popped up!"&&&&Police: "Yea yea...let's see if the jury believe you."

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #16 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 6:12am

Quote:
Dunno if that's a good or bad thing.

Only time will tell Wink

Actually we're all equally helpful - it's just that aussie and I tend to spend more time on the forum than most Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

oldavid
Descens

I sling, therefore I am
lock and loaded

Reply #17 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 11:35am

Yeah...so Dale and the others can stuff more meaning and help into less words, since your posts outnumber their's by like...a few thousand. Roll Eyes Just kidding mates...please don't kick me off the forum. I promise I'll be a nice little slinger! Undecided Embarrassed Grin

David: "Seriously, I was just shooting that little birdie when Goliath's face suddenly popped up!"&&&&Police: "Yea yea...let's see if the jury believe you."

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #18 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 7:54pm

Quote:
Dale and the others can stuff more meaning and help into less words

Oldavid, clearly you have not read much of what I have written.  My posts may be fewer, but I defy anybody to take up more screen space than me.  To put it briefly (as I practically never do), I have something of a tendency in the direction of verbosity. Wink

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #19 - Jul 25th, 2008 at 5:37am

what he means is he waffles Wink

Also i type quite fast and read pretty much every single post on every discussion area, and I'm not averse to lending my opinion on anything  Grin.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #20 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 10:41am

Hmmmmmm........... Huh

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #21 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 11:46am

Waffle?  Me?  Just because I can see that any question has two sides to it (if not more) and like to explore and explain all sides as clearly as I can?

Truly, C_A and I are opposites here.  He definitely comes down on one side or another, whilst I hover in mid-air above the fence.  Grin

But this turn in the conversation is getting silly ... or not.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #22 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 10:20pm

Dale wrote on Jul 24th, 2008 at 7:54pm:
Quote:
Dale and the others can stuff more meaning and help into less words

Oldavid, clearly you have not read much of what I have written.  My posts may be fewer, but I defy anybody to take up more screen space than me.  To put it briefly (as I practically never do), I have something of a tendency in the direction of verbosity. Wink

We are kindred spirits, Dale.

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #23 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 1:33pm

lol sitting on the fence just gives you splinters Smiley

And some times I'll argue both sides at the same time - just for the hell of it Smiley

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #24 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 4:26pm

I often find a third point of view, much to the anoyance of those already involved in the discussion.

I have learned to live with it, but it still is funny to get people looking at a thing from a third side.
(Mostly you get both against you, but that is part of the fun.)

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #25 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:22pm

I do not know what is wrong with this topic, but is has shown up as having a new post for the last 3 days, while it had not.
Now it has a new post, so lets see what is does now.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #26 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 11:41pm

Willeke wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:22pm:
I do not know what is wrong with this topic... so lets see what is does now.

Willeke

Willeke Could your browser be erasing cookies when it closes? If a cookie gets erased the browser will think it is new. Or are you referring to something completely different?

Steven

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #27 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 1:26am

I think Willeke is talking about something different: this topic keeps popping up to the top of the list, like someone posted a new message in it, but there is not actually anything new.  This can happen if someone posts, and then deletes what he posted.  Why that would happen three days in a row, if unknown to me.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #28 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 7:41am

wasn't me - and yeah it always shows on my screen as having new post as well.

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #29 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 4:40pm

Dale,
You understand what I mean.
And it stands out because it is the only or one of the very few topics doing so.

Willeke

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Chris)