Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Two changes today!
Jul 21st, 2008 at 2:38pm

Two changes today!
A new colour to the page, I am not sure whether I like it or not, but I will get used to it, I assume.

And a happy one, new Moderators.
Welcome Guys.

And thanks to the guys that retired today, you have done a good job!

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Two changes today!
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 5:57pm

the page has changed colour ?
lol I never notice stuff like that Smiley

I think chris sneaked me and aussie through on the quiet 'cos he's ashamed of us as mods - must have been drinking when he decided on it Wink

I know aussie's gone power mad already Smiley
I'll stay my usual humble self (rotfl)  Grin

Anyway - welcome to the asylum, they do say the view is always best 'from the inside'   Cool

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 6:36pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 5:57pm:
the page has changed colour ?
lol I never notice stuff like that Smiley

I think chris sneaked me and aussie through on the quiet 'cos he's ashamed of us as mods - must have been drinking when he decided on it Wink

I know aussie's gone power mad already Smiley
I'll stay my usual humble self (rotfl)  Grin

Anyway - welcome to the asylum, they do say the view is always best 'from the inside'   Cool

Half the page has changed colour. I actually wanted green and black but ......... perhaps after the revolution.

Thanks Willeke for your well wishes. The age of the Immoderators has begun. Please somebody write something naughty so I can delete it and give you a ticking off.

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 10:47pm

Something naughty.

Now Dale, as a former moderator yourself you should know better!

I reckon mod added comments ought to be in colour - just so it doesn't look like we're all talking to ourselves: CA

[color=#ff0000][/color]Red is especially good for a ticking off.
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2008 at 5:58pm by Aussie »  

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 9:56am

Couldn't resist playing with the old "Good night, Gracie!" bit... Thanks for playing along, C_A!

The red text is OK, the yellow is hard for me to read.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 12:46pm

Willeke, I've tweaked the colors a bit more since you first posted.  What do you think now?  I didn't like the old color - a bit too yellow teethy in my opinion.  Wanted to go for a more natural "sandy" color.

CA: "I think chris sneaked me and aussie through on the quiet 'cos he's ashamed of us as mods"

Sarcasm I hope.  I'll be putting together an email for you guys tonight with updated information.  Hopefully the Moderator designation has been properly updated on all pages now. Let me know if you guys encounter any odd behaviors.

Chris

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 4:57pm

Chris,
I think the colour is better now you tweaked it a little more.
I did like the old colour, (must be because I am a woman  Smiley )
But I think the new colour now is good too.
Most people will not even notice the difference. It was the main page which was kind of blue that did not fit in right. Now it does.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 4:57pm

lol no sweat - I've worked it out now anyway Smiley

Yeah that yellow is pretty hard to see.

I still have no idea what part of the forum is supposed to have changed colour though lol

But then I had a friend who put an entirely new false ceiling on the stairway in his house, complete with dinky little spotlights and had to point it out to me -  even after he'd waited till I walked up the stairs and he said 'well what do you think ?' I of course answered 'about what ?' Smiley I just don't register the (to me) inconsequential things like interior decorating and subtle colour changes Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #8 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 5:55pm

Also inconsequential things like what the replacement cord on your Captain Paul looks like.

The blue looks nice. The brown/sepia combinatin always looked a little drab to my eye.

IP Logged

Chris

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #9 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 6:17pm

Blue?  People are seeing blue?  Humm...  It should be a kind of creamy-grey.  More sand like.  It's interesting, because the colors appear very differently on my two machines (one was very green).  Perhaps we've entered a very volatile area of the color spectrum for computer monitors.

Chris

IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #10 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 8:18pm

Sandbumoen wrote on Jul 22nd, 2008 at 6:17pm:
Blue?  People are seeing blue?  Humm... ....

Chris are you using one of the 216 safe colors ?

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp

Steven

P.S. on the perimeter  colored frame I see a slight blueish cast to the gray selected

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

Chris

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Reply #11 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 8:22pm

Steven - I am not, since they are so limited in range.  And I don't think that standard pallet is supported (i.e. guaranteed color rendition) on current monitors anyway.  But I appreciate the link - I'll see if one is close.  Can't hurt.

Chris

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #12 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 8:33pm

Blue?  People are seeing blue?  Humm...  It should be a kind of creamy-grey.  More sand like.  It's interesting, because the colors appear very differently on my two machines (one was very green).  Perhaps we've entered a very volatile area of the color spectrum for computer monitors.

Chris

The border areas are the same brown they used to be but the light brown "sepia" colour is now a light bluey grey colour on my machine.

IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #13 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 9:54pm

Blue?  People are seeing blue? ... Chris

Perhaps it is a perception issue as here http://www.chessbase.com/puzzle/christmas2006/chr06-7a.htm the visual illusions ...find the white knight .... (Here is the spoiler) the knights and the squares they sit on are the same color

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #14 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 10:21pm

I had a look at the page colors using a nifty free tool I just found:
Instant Eyedropper
.  According to that, the new color is now #F6F3DE (red=246, green=243, blue=222), which is a very light tint of reddish-orange.  If I fill the screen with that color, it does look pinkish-grayish.  Yet on my monitor, next to the gray window background (#444444) and the beige display pane background (#FFFEE9), it does seem to be a bit blueish.  Very odd.  However, it looks OK, so I'm not going to analyze further or complain.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Chris)