Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Something really useful I've just discovered (Read 1329 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Something really useful I've just discovered
Jun 2nd, 2008 at 11:53am

Now I've lost track of the number of times I've typed up an answer to a topic only to have it disappear into the ether when I press the 'post'. button.

But I've just discovered that everytime you write a reply it's automatically copied to the windows clipboard.
So by simply right clicking and pasting in -the now blank - window you get everything you typed back :-)

This also ties in with the 'why does slinging.org access my clipboard' thread.

Worth remembering and should banish those: 'oh-bum-I've-just-spent-half-an-hour-typing-up-my-new-slinging-theory-and-the-bl
oody-computer-has-just-eaten-it' blues :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Re: Something really useful I've just discovered
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2008 at 12:34pm

Took you some time to figure it out, specially as it has been mentioned on the forum at least 2 times, maybe many more  Wink

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

BrianGrubbs
Funditor

Joined May 6th, 2008

Alabama
Re: Something really useful I've just discovered
Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2008 at 12:35pm

Well that is sure good to know.  My computer has been known to just up and decide to stop working.  It has been a source of some frustration.  I usually don't post long discourses on here, at least not yet anyway, due to my lack of experience.  But as I progress I'm sure I will get more wordy, so I think I will start letting it access my clipboard.  So how did you discover this?  Freak accident, or careful study?

When in doubt, shoot for the head (worked for David anyway...)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus)