Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Re: david and goliath (Read 132032 times)
winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Re: david and goliath
Reply #75 - Dec 24th, 2008 at 11:26am

Luis pardon the confusion Sir, We understand that you were slinging at a very difficult target and that you succeded in hitting it. For that you are to be Congradulated.

What we are discussing is the interpretation of your slinging by the "experts" of the show. They started throwing around some very confusing numbers.

For the record your shot generated over 3 kilonewtons in a very small area, again a very impressive feat

Now for the spanish version of what I just posted.
Perdón de Luis el sir de la confusión, entendemos que usted lanzaba con una honda en una blanco muy difícil y que usted succeded en el golpe de ella. Para eso usted debe ser Congradulated. Qué estamos discutiendo es la interpretación de su lanzar con una honda por el " experts" de la demostración. Comenzaron a lanzar alrededor de algunos números muy confusos. A título de indicación su tiro generado sobre 3 kilonewtons en un área muy pequeña, otra vez una hazaña muy impresionante

balearic-sling wrote on Dec 24th, 2008 at 4:30am:
I don't understand much of the things you are posting here, because the lenguage, I think you are saying that the test of the impact mesure is not corret? The people ho ware filiming ,as before somebody said had a principal idea from the beggining, and at the end we were having no more time because it was getting dark, and slinging to "Goliath" was flimed in abaut 10 min, and  all was russing up. You have said that it not possible the test of the impact? Im sorry if that is not like it has to be, i did as good I could.

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

StaffSlinger

Slinging Rocks!

Florida
Reply #76 - Dec 24th, 2008 at 2:21pm

Luis - the program you were involved with had good information; and you were very good in what you did.

There was a different History Channel program that also had David and Goliath.  It had some information about the weight of rock and hard it would hit that were not very accurate, and other information that was just silly and wrong.   We were comparing that bad information with the information on your show, and saying yours was much better. 

Merry Christmas!

CUM FUNDA PROSCRIPTAE ERUNT TUM SOLI PROSCRIPTI FUNDA HABEBUNT &&
StaffSlinger  
IP Logged

balearic-sling
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Menorca
Reply #77 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 8:14am

Hello, haw can I do it to see it? somebody has record it?

livermore  
IP Logged

Thomas

Rocks?

NORTHEAST OHIO
Reply #78 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 11:47am

Luis

I have saved your show to the dvr. If you PERSONAL MESSAGE me your Menorca address I will send you a vcr tape of the complete one hour show, no cost of course. The vcr coding may not be compatible to EUROPEAN STANDARD but we can try.

tom      

IP Logged

David Morningstar
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

UK
Reply #79 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 1:51pm

I wont be playable on an European VCR or TV at all. The best way is to get it into a digital format and upload it somewhere private for Luis to download.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #80 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 6:22am

dunno about that the last 3 video recorders and tellys we've had have been ntsc compatible.
Going back about 15 years.
So there's a good chance he'll be able to watch it.
Failing that bung it over here and I'll transfer it to dvd.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

David Morningstar
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

UK
Reply #81 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 7:28am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Dec 31st, 2008 at 6:22am:
dunno about that the last 3 video recorders and tellys we've had have been ntsc compatible.
Going back about 15 years.
So there's a good chance he'll be able to watch it.
Failing that bung it over here and I'll transfer it to dvd.

Cool, they must be making them smarter than back when I was getting Babylon 5 bootleg tapes from across the pond  Grin

IP Logged

Thomas

Rocks?

NORTHEAST OHIO
Reply #82 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 11:00am

Picking up a blank tape today and still waiting for PM with address. Should be someone on that warm island who can do what is necessary for Luis.

Everybody have a healthy and prosperous NEW YEAR!!!

tom        

IP Logged

balearic-sling
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Menorca
Reply #83 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 12:09pm

On april Im going to be in san Diego california, and I will bring some slings because I have a friend over there and  I'm going to see him.
If someone wants to come and sling some stones all toggether could be fine. Shocked
Wink

livermore  
IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #84 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 1:11pm

Grumble, Already have plans for April.......
Did you ever get that PM I sent you abou the Slings?

Marc Adkins

balearic-sling wrote on Jan 13th, 2009 at 12:09pm:
On april Im going to be in san Diego california, and I will bring some slings because I have a friend over there and  I'm going to see him.
If someone wants to come and sling some stones all toggether could be fine. Shocked
Wink

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

balearic-sling
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Menorca
Reply #85 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:37pm

hello mark, yes I got it, I forgget compleatly of that , as soon I have time i will be cotacting you for them.

sorry I pass it compleatly.

livermore  
IP Logged

Unsapien

"Sling your words like
cannon balls."Vari, M.Twain

Davis, Ca
Reply #86 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 1:27pm

Hey Luis,

I live in California. I might be able to travel to San Diego, because I could visit my family in Los Angeles along the way. It would be a great excuse to head south, but I have to see about my work schedule first. Let me know what days you were planning on being in california.

-Unsapien

AaronMGutierrez  
IP Logged

balearic-sling
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Menorca
Reply #87 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 4:40pm

livermore  
IP Logged

wanderer
Interfector Viris Spurii

Texas
Reply #88 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 6:06pm

Luis,

That's great stuff. I can't fault your contribution to the program!

Some of the commentary around it was IMHO not as good as it might have been.

I'd like to see the evidence  about the materials used in the sling. It seemed to me one place they implied it was made from wool, and in another clearly indicated it was from hemp. There's some question whether hemp was even in that part of the world at the right time, and if the are implying a vegetable fiber it was more likely flax (linen).

Still, it's great to see a real slinger in action.

Congratulations again Luis.

IP Logged

Lycurgus

[ch924][ch927][ch923
][ch937][ch925] [ch923][ch913][ch914
][ch917]

Coventry, England
Reply #89 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 4:14am

wanderer wrote on Jan 28th, 2009 at 6:06pm:
Luis,

That's great stuff. I can't fault your contribution to the program!

Still, it's great to see a real slinger in action.

Congratulations again Luis.

I second that comment, nice work. How may shots did it take before you hit the target?

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.&&&&Remember - You are unique.............just like everybody else.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner)