Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Re: david and goliath (Read 132054 times)
balearic-sling
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Menorca
Re: david and goliath
Reply #30 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 5:42am

hwow thank you for loking for that, they change the date of showing, I dont know wwen its going.

livermore  
IP Logged

BrianGrubbs
Funditor

Joined May 6th, 2008

Alabama
Reply #31 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 7:56am

According to the History Channel website it airs on the 17th at 9pm eastern time.  Not sure how that translates for the rest of you, but you should be able to find out without too much trouble.  The title of the show is "Ancient Discoveries: Ancient Super Ballistics" so search for that.

When in doubt, shoot for the head (worked for David anyway...)

IP Logged

wanderer
Interfector Viris Spurii

Texas
Reply #32 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 9:28am

Brian,

Thanks for that. Seems to me the History Channel needs a little more helpful information on its web site.

IP Logged

wannabeslinger
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 2:33pm

ok cool, thought it would be the ancient ballistics episode.. in the description they talk about bullets..

hope it goes in depth about slings.. and not a quick throw and then cut to something else.

I swear if the history channel calls it a slingshot im going to write them several nasty letters (from several fake addresses Tongue )

IP Logged

balearic-sling
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Menorca
Reply #34 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 4:47pm

Im not really sure if its going to be that one or its just a diferent one, I cannot see it from spain, please tell me if finally that one.

thnak you.

livermore  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #35 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 5:30pm

[quote]Ancient Discoveries: Ancient Super Ballistics[/quote]
Not sure if that'll be the one. I got the impression the show was to have a biblical theme all round.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

wanderer
Interfector Viris Spurii

Texas
Reply #36 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 9:42am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Jun 16th, 2008 at 5:30pm:
Quote:
Ancient Discoveries: Ancient Super Ballistics

Not sure if that'll be the one. I got the impression the show was to have a biblical theme all round.

You could well be right. Given the allmost complete lack of information on the History Channel site (who ever thought one went to web sites for information?  Sad ) it's difficult to tell. However, Balearic Slinger mentioned they were making scientific measurements, which sounds like the flavor of the series.

We'll let you know when we see it.

Wannabeslinger: I expect you will be right, but a little exposure is probably better than none.  Wink

IP Logged

Thomas

Rocks?

NORTHEAST OHIO
Reply #37 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 11:15am

Isn’t Ancient Super Ballistics enough of a clue?

http://www.history.com/minisites/ancientdiscoveries/

IP Logged

Thomas

Rocks?

NORTHEAST OHIO
Reply #38 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 11:31am

The archers, atlatlists and catapult folks are also probably straining at the bit.

IP Logged

wanderer
Interfector Viris Spurii

Texas
Reply #39 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 2:19pm

Thomas wrote on Jun 17th, 2008 at 11:15am:
Isn’t Ancient Super Ballistics enough of a clue?
http://www.history.com/minisites/ancientdiscoveries/

It's a clue - whether it is enough is a matter of opinion. Apparently insufficient for some of us anyway Wink.

IP Logged

dork
Funditor

I feel Smurfy when I'm
smurfing!!!! You too?

In Beautiful Wisconsin
Reply #40 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 4:30pm

I filpped ahead on the guide of my satelite dish at 8:00 central. ancient discoveries they said reveal the ballistics of ancient bullets and bombs or something. Guess we will just have to tune in.

IP Logged

Ethan
Funditor

so much depends upon a
red wheelbarrow...

On the edge of a lake...
Reply #41 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 10:12pm

Disappointing to the supreme. While the show was incredibly interesting (I learned a lot, especially about the awesomeness of Chinese martial engineers) there was no significant mention of slings and certainly no footage. The only atlatl bit that turned up was a brief clip mentioning the "throwing stick" developed as the first significant improvement on ranged weaponry. That's certainly questionable.

The trebuchet and onager bits were really interesting though.

"Young men go to war. Sometimes because they have to, sometimes because they want to. Always, they feel they are supposed to. This comes from the sad, layered stories of life, which over the centuries have seen courage confused with picking up arms, and cowardice confused with putting them down."&&--Mitch Albom, The Five People you meet in Heaven
WWW Ethan Sithapprentice21  
IP Logged

dork
Funditor

I feel Smurfy when I'm
smurfing!!!! You too?

In Beautiful Wisconsin
Reply #42 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 6:17am

Clear;y that was not the much anticipated show we were all hopining for. It was interesting though.

Last year a production crew came to my work and filmed a bunch of people for a TV show called some assembly required. We were told it would air in the early fall around september. It actually came on in like december or january. So we all could be jumping the gun a little.

IP Logged

wannabeslinger
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 11:41pm

as soon as I turned it on I realized it was an old episode and didn't both to keep it on..I want slings!!

IP Logged

BrianGrubbs
Funditor

Joined May 6th, 2008

Alabama
Reply #44 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 6:12pm

I did notice that the production site said that it was for Ancient Discoveries 3... that might give us a hint as to when it will be coming on.  Neither biblical productions nor the wild dreams films site days anything about when it will be... they just say to check back for when it will air.... crappit.

When in doubt, shoot for the head (worked for David anyway...)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner)