Hello. (Read 2240 times)
Shiboo-sama
Tiro

kill one it's murder,
kill millions it's conquest.

CO
Hello.
Feb 20th, 2007 at 10:25pm

Hello. My name is David. I am 17 years old. I am a weapons fanatic. I have devoted my life thus far (as of age 6) to perfecting and understand and using proficiently all weapons. Lately i have begun making my own weapons. I am a jack of all trades i would suppose. I am a blacksmith, welder, carpenter, martial artist, and weapons enthusiast. I have been smithing for nearly two years and have been a carpenter for nearly 5. I am also a bowyer and fletcher. My favorite weapons as of yet are: the Katana, the Yumi, the Yari, the longbow, the throwing axe, the throwing stick, the atlatl, the sling, the throwing knife, and the manrikigusari chains. The hardest one for me to use as of yet is the sling. It is simple, yet elegant, and is difficult at the same time. I have only been slinging for a few monthes, though. I have been making them for friends and myself, yet have not been able to use perfectly proficiently. i suppose it will come in time.
-Shiboo-sama

Shiboo-sama thealmightyshavedferret akakazeryu  
IP Logged

CanDo
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

New England, USA
Re: Hello.
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2007 at 10:33pm

Well welcome aboard!
A quite noble quest, I wish you luck. That's a dream job for me, that guy on the history channel who they refer to as "Weapons Expert", perhaps one day, you'll be in that spot.
Slinging, takes time; stick at it, and have fun.

IP Logged

Shiboo-sama
Tiro

kill one it's murder,
kill millions it's conquest.

CO
Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2007 at 10:58pm

thank you.

Shiboo-sama thealmightyshavedferret akakazeryu  
IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 2:51am

Hi Shiboo-sama,

Welcome to slinging! I hope you enjoy my pouch. Just send me your mailing address and I'll mail it by return.

Aussieslinger

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 5:04am

Greetings Shiboo-sama and welcome to our little family. There is a wealth of information to be found here so take your time, look around and enjoy.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

slingwizzy
Descens

Slinging rocks!

Netherlands
Reply #5 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 11:45am

welcome to slinging.org

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2007 at 5:27pm

Shiboo-sama,

You have set a large goal for yourself.  Have you noticed similarities in technique between some weapons?   Such things will help a lot.

I have been slinging a bit more than two years, and I am just starting to become accurate, some of the time.  Others who started slinging about the same time, or even later, seem to be better from what I have seen.  It depends on how much time is invested in learning and practicing, and also on how well one can disconnect one's conscious mind from one's reflexes.  The conscious mind keeps examining, analyzing, and suggesting "improvements," which sometimes helps, but more often hinders.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

slingwizzy
Descens

Slinging rocks!

Netherlands
Reply #7 - Feb 23rd, 2007 at 8:52am

master the sling is a large goal, I have to admit. But practice makes perfect! Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, David Morningstar)