Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 ... 518
Send Topic Print
Pictures of Slings and Slinging (Read 2209692 times)
MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Re: Pictures of Slings and Slinging
Reply #7125 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 9:52am

just got this amazing sling from practical paracord.
It instantly became one of my favourites.
(i won it in a giveaway)

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #7126 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 10:00am

Congratulations. Channing is a great dude. Be interested to hear your feedback on it .

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #7127 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 10:49am

Mersa wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 10:00am:
Congratulations. Channing is a great dude. Be interested to hear your feedback on it .

the only thing i can say is, that everything about this sling is great. Nothing is there without a reason, it feels great when shooting and the accurracy is great.
The only problem i have with this sling is, that it is a bit to heavy (60 gramms, my slings have a weight from 25-30 gramms), but i will get used to that.

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #7128 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 10:51am

ill have to get some paracord and try to make a replica

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #7129 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 5:16am

This sling intends to combine the best of both thick / stiff and light and thin slings. Integral pouch and retention cord and a cheap, easy to replace, and thin modular release cord with a thumb-tab.  The release is very swift with minimal fouling, like a light sling, almost like a Y-sling, but with the twist/tangle prevention of a thick sling. The next one will be longer !

PA172547.JPG (136 KB | 33 )
PA172547.JPG

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #7130 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 6:54pm

I like that.  Nice design!

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #7131 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 9:50pm

AncientCraftwork wrote on Oct 17th, 2021 at 5:16am:
This sling intends to combine the best of both thick / stiff and light and thin slings. Integral pouch and retention cord and a cheap, easy to replace, and thin modular release cord with a thumb-tab.  The release is very swift with minimal fouling, like a light sling, almost like a Y-sling, but with the twist/tangle prevention of a thick sling. The next one will be longer !

How well does she function?

John R.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #7132 - Oct 18th, 2021 at 7:17am

I like it J. Im working on a similar design. Looking forward to hearing your experience with it.

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #7133 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 3:09pm

It works good but my other one I have with the stiffer retention cord that is round so it bends equal in all rotations works better than the flat strap. 

I am experimenting with another design that I like more as the grip I use on it is the same the grip I use with Y-slings. This design uses 2 retention cords and 1 release cord. So it's basically a flipped Y-sling. But the pouch is a normal leather sling pouch.  The benefit of this design (FOR ME) is that I can place the release cord between the 2 retention cords in my hand. It's exactly the same grip I use with Y-slings but then I place the 2 release cords in my hand around the single rentention cord. This is my favorite grip.  This also allows me to compare normal slings to Y-slings with an identical grip, style and identical anchor point. This is extremely important for making good comparisons I discovered !!!
The double retention cords also add twist resistance and make untwisting and reloading the sling very easy and adds a little stability to the pouch, without requiring a single ''stiff cord'' so to speak. Two thinner cords equal 1 thicker cord.   I definitely like tri-cord slings. Of course when I use two RELEASE cords I would opt for a T-shaped pouch so the ammo can pass through it reliably. So 2 release cords on a Y-sling or 2 retention cords on a normal sling

What did I discover? Now that I can use both sling types exactly the same, the difference in feel between Y-sling and conventional sling seem to be largely, but not completely, diminished. I concluded it is largely a result of the different grips when I compared both types and of course the different cords used etc/
Now that I can compare both slings types in an identical manner using the same (but flipped) construction, I notice, aside from more spin with the conventional design and some more sensitivity to bad stones, not so much difference anymore. When I change between grip styles and anchor point --this seems to have a far greater effect.

It's this grip style I show here, that I always naturally used with Y-slings, and can now utilize exactly with normal slings in an identical way, that makes all the difference for me. I sling much better. This may be a personal thing or maybe it is shared- I cant'say. It places the release cord or retention cord exactly above each other in the hand. Not side by side. Previously I could only do this with flat slings. Now I know how to utilize it with round slings. I am shocked how much of a difference
the anchor point can make. When I use the same tight grip but now place the release beneath the retention cord- my slinging performance is greatly diminished. Find your anchor point and stick with it !

PA192549.JPG (101 KB | 26 )
PA192549.JPG
PA192551.JPG (87 KB | 27 )
PA192551.JPG

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Blespi
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

CO Springs, Colorado
Reply #7134 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 8:07pm

Current sling is a split pouch made of duct tape because I didn't have leather or anything immediately. Is holding up pretty well after a few weeks of use with half-pound stones.

resized_sling.png (265 KB | 34 )
resized_sling.png

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #7135 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 7:07am

seems like nobody wants to make slings anymore.
here is a woll sling i made yesterday

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #7136 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 8:22am

I'm making slings still, just haven't been posting pictures as much. I've started on a 32 strand kumihimo sling made out of linen thread. It's going surprisingly well so far. I'm already seeing things I can improve for the next one so, despite not even getting to the pouch yet, I already can't wait to start the next one Cheesy

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVxHYlnq6Tc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #7137 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 12:14pm

I am making several newish designs right now. Ill post them as soon as they are finished.

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #7138 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 3:11pm

MikeG wrote on Nov 2nd, 2021 at 7:07am:

I am not making any right now as I am going through very hard times, I will explain it to all of you later and the sling I will make will be the most special sling in my collection, just wait until I pull myself together.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #7139 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 9:48pm

czechslinger1.0 wrote on Nov 2nd, 2021 at 3:11pm:
MikeG wrote on Nov 2nd, 2021 at 7:07am:

I am not making any right now as I am going through very hard times, I will explain it to all of you later and the sling I will make will be the most special sling in my collection, just wait until I pull myself together.

Hope you are doing ok Czech. Hang in there brother.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 ... 518
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Rat Man, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Morphy)