Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 ... 482
Send Topic Print
Pictures of Slings and Slinging (Read 1750899 times)
MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Re: Pictures of Slings and Slinging
Reply #7125 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 9:52am

just got this amazing sling from practical paracord.
It instantly became one of my favourites.
(i won it in a giveaway)

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #7126 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 10:00am

Congratulations. Channing is a great dude. Be interested to hear your feedback on it .

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #7127 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 10:49am

Mersa wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 10:00am:
Congratulations. Channing is a great dude. Be interested to hear your feedback on it .

the only thing i can say is, that everything about this sling is great. Nothing is there without a reason, it feels great when shooting and the accurracy is great.
The only problem i have with this sling is, that it is a bit to heavy (60 gramms, my slings have a weight from 25-30 gramms), but i will get used to that.

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #7128 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 10:51am

ill have to get some paracord and try to make a replica

IP Logged

J
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #7129 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 5:16am

This sling intends to combine the best of both thick / stiff and light and thin slings. Integral pouch and retention cord and a cheap, easy to replace, and thin modular release cord with a thumb-tab.† The release is very swift with minimal fouling, like a light sling, almost like a Y-sling, but with the twist/tangle prevention of a thick sling. The next one will be longer !

PA172547.JPG (136 KB | 6 )
PA172547.JPG

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #7130 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 6:54pm

I like that.  Nice design!

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #7131 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 9:50pm

J wrote on Oct 17th, 2021 at 5:16am:
This sling intends to combine the best of both thick / stiff and light and thin slings. Integral pouch and retention cord and a cheap, easy to replace, and thin modular release cord with a thumb-tab.† The release is very swift with minimal fouling, like a light sling, almost like a Y-sling, but with the twist/tangle prevention of a thick sling. The next one will be longer !

How well does she function?

John R.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #7132 - Oct 18th, 2021 at 7:17am

I like it J. Im working on a similar design. Looking forward to hearing your experience with it.

"I think this guy is the king of trolls of the forum, he waited 16 years just to say this. please pay your respects in an orderly fashion."-Sarosh

IP Logged

J
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #7133 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 3:09pm

It works good but my other one I have with the stiffer retention cord that is round so it bends equal in all rotations works better than the flat strap.†

I am experimenting with another design that I like more as the grip I use on it is the same the grip I use with Y-slings. This design uses 2 retention cords and 1 release cord. So it's basically a flipped Y-sling. But the pouch is a normal leather sling pouch.† The benefit of this design (FOR ME) is that I can place the release cord between the 2 retention cords in my hand. It's exactly the same grip I use with Y-slings but then I place the 2 release cords in my hand around the single rentention cord. This is my favorite grip.† This also allows me to compare normal slings to Y-slings with an identical grip, style and identical anchor point. This is extremely important for making good comparisons I discovered !!!
The double retention cords also add twist resistance and make untwisting and reloading the sling very easy and adds a little stability to the pouch, without requiring a single ''stiff cord'' so to speak. Two thinner cords equal 1 thicker cord. † I definitely like tri-cord slings. Of course when I use two RELEASE cords I would opt for a T-shaped pouch so the ammo can pass through it reliably. So 2 release cords on a Y-sling or 2 retention cords on a normal sling

What did I discover? Now that I can use both sling types exactly the same, the difference in feel between Y-sling and conventional sling seem to be largely, but not completely, diminished. I concluded it is largely a result of the different grips when I compared both types and of course the different cords used etc/
Now that I can compare both slings types in an identical manner using the same (but flipped) construction, I notice, aside from more spin with the conventional design and some more sensitivity to bad stones, not so much difference anymore. When I change between grip styles and anchor point --this seems to have a far greater effect.

It's this grip style I show here, that I always naturally used with Y-slings, and can now utilize exactly with normal slings in an identical way, that makes all the difference for me. I sling much better. This may be a personal thing or maybe it is shared- I cant'say. It places the release cord or retention cord exactly above each other in the hand. Not side by side. Previously I could only do this with flat slings. Now I know how to utilize it with round slings. I am shocked how much of a difference
the anchor point can make. When I use the same tight grip but now place the release beneath the retention cord- my slinging performance is greatly diminished. Find your anchor point and stick with it !

PA192549.JPG (101 KB | 3 )
PA192549.JPG
PA192551.JPG (87 KB | 3 )
PA192551.JPG

IP Logged

Blespi
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

CO Springs, Colorado
Reply #7134 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 8:07pm

Current sling is a split pouch made of duct tape because I didn't have leather or anything immediately. Is holding up pretty well after a few weeks of use with half-pound stones.

resized_sling.png (265 KB | 8 )
resized_sling.png

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Reply #7135 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 7:07am

seems like nobody wants to make slings anymore.
here is a woll sling i made yesterday

IP Logged

Kick
Slinging.org Moderator

Finland
Reply #7136 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 8:22am

I'm making slings still, just haven't been posting pictures as much. I've started on a 32 strand kumihimo sling made out of linen thread. It's going surprisingly well so far. I'm already seeing things I can improve for the next one so, despite not even getting to the pouch yet, I already can't wait to start the next one Cheesy

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVxHYlnq6Tc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but itís perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #7137 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 12:14pm

I am making several newish designs right now. Ill post them as soon as they are finished.

"I think this guy is the king of trolls of the forum, he waited 16 years just to say this. please pay your respects in an orderly fashion."-Sarosh

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #7138 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 3:11pm

MikeG wrote on Nov 2nd, 2021 at 7:07am:

I am not making any right now as I am going through very hard times, I will explain it to all of you later and the sling I will make will be the most special sling in my collection, just wait until I pull myself together.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #7139 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 9:48pm

czechslinger1.0 wrote on Nov 2nd, 2021 at 3:11pm:
MikeG wrote on Nov 2nd, 2021 at 7:07am:

I am not making any right now as I am going through very hard times, I will explain it to all of you later and the sling I will make will be the most special sling in my collection, just wait until I pull myself together.

Hope you are doing ok Czech. Hang in there brother.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 ... 482
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Kick, Chris)