Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 ... 518
Send Topic Print
Pictures of Slings and Slinging (Read 2208978 times)
czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Pictures of Slings and Slinging
Reply #6675 - Apr 19th, 2021 at 3:54pm

I managed to find photo of my first two slings with some ammo(what would I give for ammo like that now).

Unbelievable that I came such a long way from making shitty slings to pretty decent slings I would say.

prvni_praky.jpg (117 KB | 26 )
prvni_praky.jpg

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #6676 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 1:34am

Always love to see a staff sling Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6677 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 3:54am

At that time I considered staffsling to be more powerful. Most range I got our of hand sling was 80m using simple underhand throw which in my opinion is the easiest to learn and 100 to 120m with staff sling. Also I loved the automatic release, rocks almost always flew where I wanted them to fly without lots of training. Actually my first hits on target were with a staff sling, first ever shot I had taken with it hit a beer keg I was using as target from 25m! Though that was more luck than skill.
Now that I have more expertese with hand slings I consider them superior in terms of range, accuracy and power. Only staff sling that can exceed hand slings in power and range is the captive release staff sling that I am testing right now that was inspired by what albion was doing.

IP Logged

SerKraus

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6678 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 8:41am

My brother-in-law's first ever throw with a staff sling almost hit me from across a field. The tennis ball went right by my face! I believe the staff sling's greatest advantage is its ease of use. However, I'd say the hand sling is more versatile.

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #6679 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 9:46am

Staff sling can handle bigger ammo too but it's range is about the same as the hand sling I would say.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #6680 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 11:55am

czechslinger1.0 wrote on Apr 20th, 2021 at 3:54am:
Only staff sling that can exceed hand slings in power and range is the captive release staff sling that I am testing right now that was inspired by what albion was doing.

Are you going to make a video? I'm still anxiously awaiting AlbionSlinger's second episode...

John R.

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6681 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 1:45pm

I am planning to include it in my long range slinging vid. Only clip of me using it so far is on the slinging group on FB.
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2021 at 2:58pm by czechslinger1.0 »  

IP Logged

Archaic Arms
Funditor

Testing and inventing
"Archaic" weapons.

Reply #6682 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 1:59pm

IronGoober wrote on Apr 20th, 2021 at 11:55am:
I'm still anxiously awaiting AlbionSlinger's second episode...

I have made a couple of other designs, one of them being very  similar to the 'traditional' design of staff sling but facilitating rotation of the sling overhead. During use it looks exactly like that medieval staff sling depiction Jaegoor shared, but unfortunately does give any perceivable benefit.
I have yet to fabricate the promising 'improved' staff model, but I haven't yet decided whether to cast the 'crucial' part in bronze or not. A pure copper-tin Bronze is a fantastic alloy and I love working with it.

Regards,
Lewis
IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6683 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 4:04pm

Sounds interesting. I also want to experiment more with this concept.... I want to try different staff and sling lenghts. I want to see what happens if I put my superlong sling on the end of the 5ft staff I use now Cheesy

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #6684 - Apr 22nd, 2021 at 4:44am

I've ALSO been looking at experimenting with staff slings Cheesy I have always used staff slings with fairly long slings, almost half the length of the staff, but with a lot of depictions they are really quite short slings so I've been wanting to see what sort of differences come from different length slings. I have the staff sling ready but haven't filmed the video yet.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #6685 - Apr 22nd, 2021 at 2:20pm

It’s Christmas morning in the NOOC house! I just got in from the mailbox.

Thanks Practical Paracord for the Easter ‘21 prize, and thanks Iron Goober for the Balearic! 

Both look amazing and I can’t wait to try them!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6686 - Apr 22nd, 2021 at 2:40pm

Balearic sling with a release tab? That is interesting. I like release tabs on my simple paracord slings(except for my super long ones) I think I know what my next balearic sling is gonna be like...

Also like the smiling sling. I have few that are inspired by this design and they are great, they seem to have nice clean release even with that big knot. Maybe I will buy the actual one!

(on myKick wrote on Apr 22nd, 2021 at 4:44am:
I've ALSO been looking at experimenting with staff slings  I have always used staff slings with fairly long slings, almost half the length of the staff, but with a lot of depictions they are really quite short slings so I've been wanting to see what sort of differences come from different length slings. I have the staff sling ready but haven't filmed the video yet.

Kick I really look forward to see the video. I usually use slings half the lenght of the staff(on my automatic release staff slings) as that seems to be the sweetspot for me, shorter releases too early sending the stone behind or high above me and longer too late sending the stone into the ground in front of me. Now that changes with captive release staff slings, because i can put a 170cm superlong sling on the end of a 3ft staff and it will work nicely(this tested today). Now I want to test it with my 150cm(5ft) staff to see what kind of scary ranges I can get...

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #6687 - Apr 22nd, 2021 at 6:54pm

czechslinger1.0 wrote on Apr 22nd, 2021 at 2:40pm:
Now that changes with captive release staff slings, because i can put a 170cm superlong sling on the end of a 3ft staff and it will work nicely(this tested today). Now I want to test it with my 150cm(5ft) staff to see what kind of scary ranges I can get...

Looking forward to the report/video!

John R.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6688 - Apr 23rd, 2021 at 8:42am

Wink

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

TOMBELAINE
Funditor

Slinging Rocks!

france
Reply #6689 - Apr 23rd, 2021 at 9:48am

Jaegoor,
Great slings, great ammo.
Well done.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 ... 518
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Kick, Rat Man, Morphy, joe_meadmaker)