Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 410 411 412 413 414 ... 518
Send Topic Print
Pictures of Slings and Slinging (Read 2208551 times)
a

a

a
Re: Pictures of Slings and Slinging
Reply #6165 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 2:35am

a
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2021 at 8:07am by a »  

IP Logged

SerKraus

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6166 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 12:48pm

a wrote on Nov 12th, 2020 at 2:35am:
I'm starting them young, this little guy is out every day chasing the other kids and trying to hit them with his sling
We tried to ban him, but he doesn't care.

That boy is gonna be scary accurate in a few years. It’s fun starting them off young.

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6167 - Nov 12th, 2020 at 6:34pm

The sling is a weapon.  Children need to learn not to use it to shoot others.  If you don't learn it, there is no sling.  The boy in the picture does not make his sling himself. If he attacks other children with it, I would cut his sling in front of his eyes.  In my group, a sling doesn't even lie on the floor.  The children in the group learned this very quickly.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #6168 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 1:48am

We bring up our kids a bit tougher over here... This baby is one year old, he's not going to hurt anyone unless they allow him to.

Sling as a weapon should only be a part of training. I use multiple weapons and teach exercises designed to train balance, dexterity, hand speed, situational awareness etc,. Always with offence and defence. The sling I do not rate as the most dangerous https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNgUq0B1aus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqpylJquz7A

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #6169 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 6:37am

How's the ammo situation over there Killisi? Do you guys have lots of sling stones in your area?

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #6170 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 6:56am

Morphy wrote on Nov 14th, 2020 at 6:37am:
How's the ammo situation over there Killisi? Do you guys have lots of sling stones in your area?

We use tennis balls at home but we're running out, they split very quickly. I've got about 50 split ones I haven't decided what to do with.

For stones we only use them when I take the kids out and there's plenty around, but difficult to find somewhere for them to sling and the country has been on lockdown 8 months.

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #6171 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 10:01pm

a
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2021 at 8:07am by a »  

IP Logged

TOMBELAINE
Funditor

Slinging Rocks!

france
Reply #6172 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 9:33am

My opinion is if the sling is short, it's ok but if the sling isn't short, it's difficult to sling because of the wind.
Just my idea and the test I do.

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #6173 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 6:10pm

TOMBELAINE wrote on Nov 22nd, 2020 at 9:33am:
My opinion is if the sling is short, it's ok but if the sling isn't short, it's difficult to sling because of the wind.
Just my idea and the test I do.

Yes, you're right. Strip sling you can adjust the length just by wrapping more of the end around your hand. There is no pouch to centre.

For heavy rocks it's better long, wind resistance isn't important with a heavy rock, you're not going to throw it very far anyway. I like hitting things with big rocks and this length is my normal.

I can throw with this length all day, but if I used a shorter sling I'd have some shoulder problems pretty fast.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #6174 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 2:55am

I'm thinking I might make a strap sling but an almost hilariously overbuilt and fancy one Cheesy Kind of take the point of it being super simple and basic and do the opposite. Why? Just because I think it would be kind of funny. I'll be the only one to think it's funny but that hasn't stopped me before.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #6175 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 3:05am

Kick wrote on Nov 23rd, 2020 at 2:55am:
I'm thinking I might make a strap sling but an almost hilariously overbuilt and fancy one  Kind of take the point of it being super simple and basic and do the opposite. Why? Just because I think it would be kind of funny. I'll be the only one to think it's funny but that hasn't stopped me before.

Ahaha cool, do it man. My son split the ends into four thin strips so he could braid them on his. It actually works really well (but lessens the versatility). But I can imagine one with lace borders and other frilly bits being both hilarious and useable.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #6176 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 3:54am

I kind of like the idea of it being a belt/sash that then would be durable and the right dimensions to be a sling. Hmmm... Some planning to do.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #6177 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 5:00am

Kick wrote on Nov 23rd, 2020 at 3:54am:
I kind of like the idea of it being a belt/sash that then would be durable and the right dimensions to be a sling. Hmmm... Some planning to do.

My first and only sling for years was a scarf cut from a bushshirt

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #6178 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 5:55am

a
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2021 at 8:08am by a »  

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #6179 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 7:04am

Ha ha I feel like that’s a common thread with beginners, everywhere but where they’re aiming is under fire

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 410 411 412 413 414 ... 518
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Chris, Morphy)