Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Woven sling pockets - now with instructions! (Read 49150 times)
xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Re: Woven sling pockets - now with instructions!
Reply #30 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 3:56pm

i think someone made a tut sling with multiple colors- i think regular jute then a bit of died purple jute.

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

echelon7
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #31 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 9:39pm

my first actual accomplishment was done with hemp. it worked pretty well. i like it a lot. i sadly have not been able to use it yet and ive had it for weeks.  this was my first time using hemp. its a good material but slightly stiff.  i was thinking of make it next with that nylon mason line but idk now. its an awesome looking sling though.  fun to make.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #32 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 6:06pm

Gave this loop pouch thing a try and found it a bit more difficult than just weaving a split pouch as you build the sling. Instead of going with the eight inches Matthias used, I tried six and when it was all over with, ended up with a 2 x 4.75" pouch. Most of my slings have that exact pouch length, but I was going for a longer one here.

I also had a hard time getting it symmetric and as you can see, did not succeed. I still think that making up a bunch of pouches might be a good idea. Nothing easier than attaching a couple of cords with a larkshead. Oh yeah, it took me four hours, not one. That could be the learning curve.  Anyway, the next one will be eight inches long and perfectly symmetrical - or you guys won't see it!

[URL=http://www.glowfoto.com/user_imageredirect.php?iid=3038950][IMG]http://img5.glowfoto.com/images/2009/10/17-1428197516M.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Loop Pouch 1 Wool over cotton

walter

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

new to california
Reply #33 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 12:09pm

man, I'd be proud to have an asymmetrical one.

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #34 - Oct 24th, 2009 at 8:32pm

The same pouch with cords. I like braiding the cords from the pouch out. No finger loop to braid or weave!  

[URL=http://www.glowfoto.com/user_imageredirect.php?iid=3060540][IMG]http://img5.glowfoto.com/images/2009/10/24-1705495961M.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

walter

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

new to california
Reply #35 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 1:11pm

nice, is the pouch restricting in any way? I'm used to my slits being adjustable like rockman slings, or pouches with a wide capability like Aussies

xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #36 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 9:17pm

Not too much adjustment there. It's basically just a two inch gash. You can spread it a little, but not too much. Definately not like a Rockman or Aussie split pouch. Tried tennis balls, but lost a few on figure 8's. Lost one rock winding up for my helicopter, but i've also managed that with my other slings.

What I like about this sling is that it is light, fast and I hit more consistently with it than any other except for maybe my reverse twist paracord/leather pouch sling. Don't know why. Like it enough to build another one. This time i'm going to try a larger pouch. Like seven inches so i'll end up with a pouch a little over 6" overall. 

walter

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #37 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 5:31pm

Et cetera pointed out this old thread so now bringing this interesting sling design to the top. Unusual in that the pouch is made separately so if you make a mistake on the cord lengths not all your work is wasted. The link is also included in the FAQ now.

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

WOODSLORE
Tiro

Slinging Rocks! (get it?...
;)... )

Western Pennsylvania
Reply #38 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 1:38pm

AWSOME!!!!! I gotta try that one  Grin

IP Logged

Et Cetera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks Into Windows!

Reply #39 - Mar 26th, 2010 at 9:41pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 24th, 2010 at 5:31pm:
Et cetera pointed out this old thread so now bringing this interesting sling design to the top. Unusual in that the pouch is made separately so if you make a mistake on the cord lengths not all your work is wasted. The link is also included in the FAQ now.

Is it in the guides and articles section?

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #40 - Mar 26th, 2010 at 9:59pm

Et Cetera wrote on Mar 26th, 2010 at 9:41pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 24th, 2010 at 5:31pm:

Is it in the guides and articles section?

Despite my almost superhuman powers as a moderator, putting something in the G&A Section is beyond even me. Also it must be in the form of an article not just a thread. You may of course, suggest it to Chris yourself.

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

Cervantes
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Houston TX
Reply #41 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 3:19pm

It sure does help to have so many knowledgeable;e people to draw upon for all those things we all want to try..
This blog is almost like a tribe with elders.. and I'm a scrub youth trying to make it in the world..

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

IP Logged

ishi

Slinging Rocks!

Windsor Ontario
Reply #42 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 10:20am

bump

been thinking about making a separate pouch myself
with maybe d-rings or keyring circles at the ends for quick change to different lengths

i'd like to make a pouch frame/support from a single length of paracord and then weave the paracord

just have to find the right pouch frame/support design

where's my scrap paper ?

knowledge, without experience, is just information&&

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

new to california
Reply #43 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 12:41pm

ishi wrote on Jul 24th, 2010 at 10:20am:
bump

been thinking about making a separate pouch myself
with maybe d-rings or keyring circles at the ends for quick change to different lengths

i'd like to make a pouch frame/support from a single length of paracord and then weave the paracord

just have to find the right pouch frame/support design

where's my scrap paper ?

this already is made from one piece of cord, but not as thick as paracord. not sure if it will work. the method here has the cord looped into 3 large loops, then hooked up. the stray ends are hidden under the weave.

xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

jocajo
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #44 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:05pm

All links are dead

Please reupload

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris, Morphy)