Send Topic Print
ovoid sling stones (Read 3291 times)
slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
ovoid sling stones
Dec 24th, 2006 at 10:01am

Just got done perusing the book Indian and Eskimo Artifact of north America, by Charles Miles
   Seems that in both North America and the South Pacific, the natives made special ammo for their slings. They were ovoid baked clay shot, very similar to the clay glandes of Europe. These are all pre Columbian finds.
  Just shows that's mans needs and solutions are universal.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Re: ovoid sling stones
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2006 at 7:45pm

Hey Badger do they give any weights of the shot?
Inquiring Minds Want to know
Marc Adkins

slingbadger wrote on Dec 24th, 2006 at 10:01am:
Just got done perusing the book Indian and Eskimo Artifact of north America, by Charles Miles
  Seems that in both North America and the South Pacific, the natives made special ammo for their slings. They were ovoid baked clay shot, very similar to the clay glandes of Europe. These are all pre Columbian finds.
 Just shows that's mans needs and solutions are universal.

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2006 at 8:57am

I'll look it up

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2006 at 11:11am

Thank Ya sir,
Once this slingigning project of mine is done I'll shoot ya the results.
Marc Adkins

slingbadger wrote on Dec 28th, 2006 at 8:57am:
I'll look it up

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #4 - Dec 29th, 2006 at 11:58am

No indication of sizes or weight. They do have some actual photos of them, but alas, ther is nothing to compare them too. Cry

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #5 - Dec 29th, 2006 at 9:33pm

Oh well ya can't have everything

Marc Adkins

slingbadger wrote on Dec 29th, 2006 at 11:58am:
No indication of sizes or weight. They do have some actual photos of them, but alas, ther is nothing to compare them too. Cry

WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus)