Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Materials in the uk (Read 4267 times)
english
Ex Member

Re: Materials in the uk
Reply #15 - Jun 22nd, 2005 at 1:54pm

WHSmith was where I got my original braiding material because it was cheap.  But now I just use embroidery floss from craft shops.  It looks nice, feels nice, but on the downside, is not too cheap.

IP Logged

Arkanii
Descens

Get back, I can sling!

Reply #16 - Jun 22nd, 2005 at 2:08pm

thanks for that bit of info english  Wink

BlackSnow28  
IP Logged

Arkanii
Descens

Get back, I can sling!

Reply #17 - Jul 26th, 2005 at 12:48pm

I've finnished my first sling Smiley.  It's the braided one like in the guide on this site.  I'm really chuffed with it.  And i'm gonna go out and sling right now Grin.

BlackSnow28  
IP Logged

sv
Funditor

ireland
Reply #18 - Jul 26th, 2005 at 5:03pm

black snow,
B and Q have jute string which is great for a braided sling at £2.50 a ball. garden centres have lawn-mower starter cord at a few pounds for six foot, and any cobbler will give (or demand a few pence) for a bit of scrap leather. or use the tongue of an old boot.
i made a good split pouch sling from 1/4 inch nylon strapping from B + Q, total cost 92 pence.
materials're easy got COAB
sv

IP Logged

Matt_C
Funditor

Cruachan!!!

Cheshire, England
Reply #19 - Jul 28th, 2005 at 8:03am

North Wales? Well, there is always that ancient fortress between you and me, Black_Snow: Chester!
The city has lots of good craft stores, and tons of useful little nooks and crannies to buy hard to get items. It can be confusing to go there without someone who knows how to get between the 3 or 4 major areas, though. You can probably buy really rough wool in most country craft fairs. There are alot of them around the little villages in the North West. I've never made a sling out of it, but I'd imagine it would be pretty good.

The last time I saw a rainbow I threw my beard over it

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark)