Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Black is back! (Read 4719 times)
ben_banned
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: Black is back!
Reply #15 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 8:20pm

maine, it may of ben a rat snake as you could imagine i didnt stay around to look though if my lil brother wasnt there and i hade my blowgun i probally woulda shot it

zero tolerance=zero intelligence

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #16 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 9:02pm

i was a little worried of bears but not too bad. I dont think they are out to get me, unless i mess with it.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #17 - Jul 17th, 2005 at 4:37am

Have you guys played around with "google earth" yet? I spent a good 18 hours (honest) exploring last weekend and came up with a couple "local" (within 500 km) areas that I hadn't known about yet...

Trip #1: no bears (ok a few, but none worth worrying about) Lake way up in space with a sheer drop on the outlet side... It will be work to get up there but the experience should be worth it... photos promised - I hope to go in the next few weekends...

Trip#2 Back to my old stomping grounds on Vancouver Island... Look at that valley! Nice watershed, bushwackable river edges, steep mountains (moontans! as per DtB) on either side... woooo!. My only problem is that any bear within 100 km will be using the same route. If/when I go (crossed fingers) I'll post a trip report. At least coastal BC you are only dealing with friendly black bears - last year I spent a week on a (similar route-wise) alpine pass in northern Alberta and found the experience *distictly* uncomfortable at times... *grizzlies*.... Undecided

Matthias

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #18 - Jul 17th, 2005 at 8:20am

cool. I would like to see the pics when you go then get back.  Smiley

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man)