Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Re: Let's All Make an Instructional Movie (Read 7169 times)
Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Re: Let's All Make an Instructional Movie
Jun 27th, 2005 at 11:51pm

Looking forward now......

The premiere DVD edition of: 

'The Slinger's Art'

A Ballistics Narrative

Opens to an appreciable niche market....a robust lot of adventuring souls......

In less than two short years.....the market all but disappears.......

The sequel and final release:

'The Slinger's Art II'

Forbidden Passion
is released solely via underground file sharing method to highly mixed review......

lol?

Peace,

TS

8)

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

me

I sling therefore I am.

Rowlett, TX, USA
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 12:16am

Great idea funslinger, may I offer up a potential name for the first movie, Lord of the Sling, The Fellowship of the Sling. 4 strangely short and hairy footed friends leave their rural village on a quest to learn the sling and defeat evil. Aided by their unlikely friends Aragor, Legola, and Gimloo, they set out to the dark land or Mordoo to defeat the Evil Lord Sauroo. Throw in a cute Elf Princess and a bearded wonder-wizard and I envision nothing short of 7 Academy Awards.  8)

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 12:22am

Yeah,   make that a cute elf princess without the slightest hint of 'down syndrome' and it might even make sundance....

Grin

Waaawaaaaa

Cry

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #3 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 12:29am

The idea has merit, certainly......somewhat of an inside joke....as we have hashed and rehashed the idea on the forum before.

I have 'dabbled' a bit in this area and reached the tentative conclusion that the liability is greater than the reward and have shelved my efforts in deference to other ventures for the time being.

But then,  my exposition is a bit......'out there'.....and I would not be content to tone it down to follow strictly traditional lines, which by doing so, may serve to avoid too much fall out.

Peace,

TS

Wink

P.S.  You know what they say.....Go big, or Go home.....and the world is getting so....
small
these days.

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #4 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 12:48am

You'll fit right in with our 'Fickle Fraternity'.

Peace,

Ts

P.S.  Don't mind me.....that last bit was simply a tongue in cheek expression of latent frustration at having to 'stay home'.....

LOL

8)

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

me

I sling therefore I am.

Rowlett, TX, USA
Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 2:14am

No i seriously think its a good idea funslinger. Like you said though it wouldnt be easy to do. Though I think it would be well worth the effort, and a great way to get people into slinging. Dont mind my previous post, its late, im bored, and that makes for a bad combo.  Tongue

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #6 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 3:55am

Now you're playing with fire, Funslinger......why am I not surprised?

L-O-L

Peace,

TS

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #7 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 4:05am

I say we forget the video. Throw together all our experiences. Get an art grant! Shoot a documentary and give it to P B S.

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #8 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 5:59am

I perceive that fomenting the idea (even in jest) of slinging 'flammables' of any kind can easily attract the wrong kind of 'attentions' to our sport......especially in the sociopolitical climate we share today.  

Relating my experimentations with the slinging of simple dart ammo has garnered a certain amount of 'attention' which has, for me, precluded any incentive to share further regarding such.

I am sure that I am not the only one here who has observed that our sport is, itself, being 'observed'...and for an understandable reason.

Besides,  who doesn't know by now that words make far more powerful 'projectiles' in the ever pressing struggle to effect positive social and political change.

Peace,

TS

8)

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #9 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 10:05am

i dont know what kind of attention slinging my smoke bombs would bring but i would definetly make a How to movie on them.

i would buy this movie if it where made.

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Mike_R
Funditor

Reply #10 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 11:20am

Damn what people think! I've seen which bowhunting videos sell, the ones with pizzazz!

Does the boring old ron leclerc video sell? NO, the new dvd with a title like "Extreme Maximum Hardcore Bloodsplattered Slaughter-a-thon Vol. #3" That sells. Do people want to see people stillhunting with longbows? NO! They want action, compounds with laser sights, carbon arrows with spring loaded broadheads with not 2, or 3, or even 4 blades but 9 blades! That cut a corkscrew shaped hole as wide as your fist! Deer? Booooorrrring! We want to see zebras, lions, polar bears, real animals. We want to see a guy on a dirtbike, riding no hands, shoot at two elephants standing side by side, and getting a double passthrough! Double!! We want a guy shooting at a girafe and slicing its big neck right off halfway up! I want koala bears lined up and shot down by a bowhunting firing squad! No on second thought, I want PANDA BEARS! Shoot the bamboo right out of their furry little hands!!

Jeeze, I kinda got myself worked up into a frenzy. I'm gonna go shoot some racoons now. But my point is "it has to be exciting" or at the very least it needs some women "going wild" or the whole venture will just waste your life saving, and leave you bitter.

IP Logged

me

I sling therefore I am.

Rowlett, TX, USA
Reply #11 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 12:29pm

Mike I see a reaccurring theme in your posts, "women going wild" lol.
"And don't miss, vol. 4 coming out this FALL!"
"Watch Mike and Lobohunter club baby seals, on their endless adventure to kill kill kill!!!!!" LOL yeaaaaa now thats what I call a video.

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #12 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 4:14pm

ok every scene with a sling in it we will have 4 pretty women going wild in the back ground. That way we inforce the idea that chicks dig slingers.

i know a video of someone slining fire bombs, girls going wild in the back ground and some ACDC playing high way to hell. I would buy.  Smiley

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Mike_R
Funditor

Reply #13 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 4:30pm

I'm not all about girls going wild, but I know what sells and that sells!

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #14 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 5:10pm

ME.....I just read your post about 'girls gone wild'.....

L-O-L!

I got tears rollin down my cheeks!

Mike....He's got yer number!

Peace,

TS

8)

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Curious Aardvark)