Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: Where can I find metal grommets? (Read 1665 times)
Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Re: Where can I find metal grommets?
Jun 17th, 2005 at 1:30pm

Any shop selling sailmaking equipment and many in sewing (clothes making). If you live near the coast or a lake you are likely to find boating shops, chandlers and so on.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

BobR
Tiro

North Carolina
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2005 at 3:04pm

Dan,

I've also seen grommets - sold in packs according to size, and in kits with various sized grommets and setting punch at stores like Home Depot and Lowes Hardware.

Regards,

Bob&&&&The mighty are brought low by many a thing&&Too small to name.&&Beneath the daisy's disk&&Lies the pebble for the fatal sling.&&(H.H. Jackson)

IP Logged

Thori
Descens

Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2005 at 9:21am

Kind of off-topic, but does Michael's sell squares of leather or suede?  I have never been able to find these in Wal-Mart as some on this board have and would really like some both for a sling and for this crazy tennis-ball crossbow (read: giant slingshot with a trigger) that my father and I made...  it's hard to find around here!

IP Logged

Thori
Descens

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2005 at 1:52am

When I get the leather pouch going, I will.  The thing's a monster - all made out of 1x4 and weighs.. more than it needs to.  The woven pouch I have right now doesn't really work well with the trigger, but I expect the leather will.  Pictures and possibly moving pictures will be available once it's ready!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Chris, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark)