Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
this one's for the aussies (Read 4626 times)
hellier

Betwixt a rock and a hard
place

Airlie Beach QLD Australia
this one's for the aussies
Jun 5th, 2005 at 11:02pm

Grin Grin Grin

As you may be aware the cane toad epidemic is spreading further each year, the wholesale decimation of native fauna by these vermin is a real concern for all Australians, in fact it expected that here in Queensland we each do our utmost as Australians and Queenlanders in particular to eradicate the menace of cane toads. You will often see us swerving about the highways in our four wheel drives, we are not drunk we are doing our best to squash as many of the buggers as we can. But it is not enough, therefore I urge you to do your bit for Australian wildlife......sling a cane toad.  Wink

IP Logged

Tito

Australia
Re: this one's for the aussies
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 1:07am

if i travel to queensland, i will sling toads, burn their bodies, rip off their heads and spear their heads through a stake [grumble grumble Angry].
it is true, there are heaps of toads all over aussie land. not enough to compete against the rabbit plague, but still too many to be allowed to live.
so if there is anyone in australia reading this, please do your part and ANNIHILATE THEM!!! Angry Sad Shocked
thank you
Tito Wink

That's one small sling for David. One giant headache for Goliath.&&The safest place to stand when I sling, is right in front of me!

IP Logged

Citanils
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Australia
Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 6:43am

Hi guys

I live in Tassie so the cane toads haven't reached us... yet.
I wish that there were still more rabbits around, that way I would have something to hunt. [In tassie you'r only allowed to hunt rabbits and feral cat with a bow, I don't know about a sling.] But mixematosis or some disease spelt something like that has wiped thousands of them out.
If I ever come to queensland I would love to go on a killing spree. [Infact I might just come up with my friend michael one time. We love to go on hunting expeditions together.] So where are you guys again ? Hellier ur in queensland righ but where are you tito ?
also. How old are you guys ?
I'm 14.

Citanils

keep thinking&&
WWW Citanils Citanils  
IP Logged

Tito

Australia
Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 7:17pm

im 15 and the live in melbourne.
tito

That's one small sling for David. One giant headache for Goliath.&&The safest place to stand when I sling, is right in front of me!

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2005 at 5:29am

looks like cane toads and roaches will rule planet earth in the near future Shocked

Never disturb your enemy when it's making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

IP Logged

Zorrro
Funditor

Yeah, i guess most of
us love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granada (Spain)
Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2005 at 5:32am

....until someone founds Kentucky Fried Toad Yummmmmm!! crispy toad legs!!! Tongue

Never disturb your enemy when it's making a mistake (Napoleon Bonaparte)

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2005 at 10:01am

then we get the animal rights people after us...... Smiley

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Tito

Australia
Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2005 at 8:11pm

no animal right people in aussie land DTB
ok, so maybe there are...but i haven't seen any. Smiley
Tito

IP Logged

hellier

Betwixt a rock and a hard
place

Airlie Beach QLD Australia
Reply #8 - Jun 7th, 2005 at 10:35pm

Grin Cane toads do not have rights

IP Logged

Tito

Australia
Reply #9 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 6:27am

oh yeah, forgot about that  Wink

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #10 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 9:31pm

Chinese eat frogs all the time!  They are delicious.  They tast very much like chicken with a chewie texture.  They make great soup too!

I think I'll have some tonight!

IP Logged

Citanils
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Australia
Reply #11 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 9:36pm

Sorry tint dont know of any Aussie in there right mind that would want to eat a cane toad... I think that they are poisonous ?'

By the way man nice slingin videos. you'r a bit of a god eh. A little bit more work and you could go for the speed slinging record [if there is one] try and throw 30 rocks in a minute.

Citanils

keep thinking&&
WWW Citanils Citanils  
IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #12 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 9:54pm

They are poisonious?  That's too bad!  May be by removing a certian part of their body they can become edible.  Japanese do it to some poisonious fish.  Of course it'll be gutsy to try.

Did you say I am a bit of a god? Shocked  Thanks for the kind words,  KissI am really not that good.......

30 rocks a minute is not that much a problem.  I think many on this forum ie. magnumslinger, lobohunter, chris and myself can get close to 60/min if we push it.  The problem is to find that many ammo and a pouch big enough!

IP Logged

Mike_R
Funditor

Reply #13 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 11:22pm

Cane toads secrete a slime from glands in their back. It is loaded with unfriendly alkaloids. It just makes you sick if you bite them, or if you bash them with a stick and it gets in your mouth or eyes. It might kill a dog if it bit one, but then again your dog might survive too.

IP Logged

Tito

Australia
Reply #14 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 11:54pm

have any of you read the Toad Away or Toad Heaven books written by Morris Gleitzman? the main character in those books is a cane toad who tries to stop people from running over cane toads so humans and toads can live in harmony (lame book or what ???)
oh, yeah. it is a kids book aimed at 7-13 year olds.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark)