Send Topic Print
Post Your Ranges (Read 22152 times)
Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Re: Post Your Ranges
Reply #60 - Mar 13th, 2005 at 11:53am

tech did you make a mistake?  Grin you always have  8) this at the end of your posts Grin

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Reply #61 - Mar 13th, 2005 at 12:59pm

Ok, you might as well know,  my mind's eye is a little light sensitive.......Some days are a little better than others.   Caught me on a good day!

Peace,

TechStuf out

8) (crap, there it goes again)

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #62 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 2:51pm

Smiley

i live in a maze of typo's&&&& popularity is for dolls a hero cannot be popular-Ralph Waldo Emerson&&&&DTB-master of the corny vest, and crappy carpet!
randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
610+m throw!
Reply #63 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 5:27pm

Verifiable! Except that I didn't actually throw anything, because doing so would have been very irresponsible... Spent yesterday dragging my winter-softened self up the "Stawamus Chief", that they _say_ is the second largest granite monolith in the world... I went up the *easy* way (hey I'm way less sore than first outing last year), but thought that these pics might be appreciated. The lip in the first photo is a sheer drop, and those houses are at sea level+... I'm using a 300m lens here on a dslr, so that's about a "15X" zoom in street terms. The second photo shows a couple of climbers around halfway up the face. I don't know exactly what they are up to, as I took this as the sun was setting, and it certainly didn't look like they had gear to spend the night on the wall.

Enjoy,

Matthias

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #64 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 8:38pm

Great view!  Do you free-climb as well?  I don't know if I found 'waldo' or not in the second photo.....I think I got em....the lead climber is the little red speck in the lower center of the pic.

At the present pace, you'll be ready for 'Trango tower' by the end of spring!

If I were privileged to live near the 'Chief'.....I wouldn't be without a fun way down.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=310&item=7141444609&rd=1

Peace,

TS out

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #65 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 9:58pm

No kidding... for this type of pursuit I'd prefer a soft canopy for easy packability but same idea. The first pic is looking back over Squamish - the main face is to the W/SW toward the ocean (where a group of kiteboarders were tearing it up). The back faces onto the coast mountains. I walked up Sad I'm not sure if there is a big enough launch spot for me to convince myself to leave the top though. I've got a pretty healthy attitude toward edges Grin

I figured that the colour would still be enough resized to that scale. The blowup in the pic below is still reduced, so you can get an idea of the size of the original!

Matthias

IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #66 - Mar 14th, 2005 at 10:44pm

Dang Thias.....what do you got, an 8Mp camera?  I've got pixel envy over here!

I am a bit of a tech geek....and succumbed to the pre-launch buzz surrounding the Casio Exilim EX-P505....although not a true single lens reflex camera, it, like various other hybrids, is erroneously labeled a mini 'slr'.  If the EX-P505 is a harbinger of possibilities to come.......we would be seeing some serious micro 'headgear' photography/video options within 3yrs.  We're talking fairly unobtrusive, mid to high Mp range camera/glasses hybrids.  

Of course we could talk about Optic nerve signal decoder 'WiFi' stuff....but that's for another time.... Lips Sealed

Put that on your paraglider and shoot it.  (lol)

(And pleeez make sure to post pictures of you slinging while on the way down!)

L8R,

TechStuf
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2005 at 1:48am by Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua »  

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #67 - Mar 15th, 2005 at 4:52am

Matthias; great pic reminds me of my desire for a new hobby para foiling not popular as yet in oregon.
but I have rented the gear a couple of times I am looking to buy my own para foil. we have a lot of mountains with clear cuts here perfect for taking off.
they say the average ride is 100 miles. my couple so far
have been in the thirty's, but still. after I get gear and a average up to average. I bet that sling go's with me.
Doe's range count at 4000ft elevation. And does a sling stone make a sound when it crashes to the ground in a wilderness with no one to hear

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #68 - Mar 15th, 2005 at 10:38am

Parafoiling.......I've heard the term in reference to a type of Kite sport.  If the term is accurate, then it must be new indeed....Always thought that the sport of Paragliding already encompassed use of the Parafoil.   

In contrast, (perhaps) to 'Parafoiling',  the sport of Paragliding has been around awhile and I believe the current distance record is 263 miles!

Sure miss the NorthWest.....Almost bought a UP Firefly (hang glider) off a guy in Boise one time.  He gave a demonstration flight at Camel's Back park.  The hill was long and ran parallel to a long, slender park (years ago, at the time).  The guy knew his stuff and made a graceful turn directly after launch to glide into the park, parallel with the hill.....really takes his chances as the landing corridor is narrow, real narrow.  He makes his approach between trees and playground equipment......out of nowhere this kid on a bike just stops, paralyzed,  right in the middle of the park....I'm talking dead center in the flight path.  The guy waves him off but the kid won't budge....I often wish I had a camcorder at that moment.  The guy does the 'dolphin' to try and eke out enough glide time to clear the kid and ends up nose down just beyond the kid,  the glider's nose with a nice kink in it. 

Been missing the sport ever since!

Smiley

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Douglas_The_Black
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hakkaa päälle!

Salineville Ohio
Reply #69 - Mar 15th, 2005 at 4:35pm

i would hike up the moutan but theres no way your getting me to paraglide down it. Cheesy im too much of a chicken poopy for that kindof thing.  Cheesy

randelflagg22002  
IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #70 - Mar 16th, 2005 at 8:11pm

o.k you caught   my exciment to purchase a para foil to para glide. any way,  not real popular in oregon yet. at least not like other place's (hmm wonder how high I woud have to get to hit nebraska from here  Grin.)

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Rat Man)