Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Battle at Mt Olympus (Read 4348 times)
Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
Battle at Mt Olympus
Jul 8th, 2004 at 12:09pm

A large army of Galatians fought the Romans at Mt. Olympus, Greece in the 2nd century BC. The Galatians were defeated by a large force of light troops(slingers, archers and javeliners). You can read about this battle in Livy's writings. Although this illustration is a depiction of a battle before the city of Pergamum, these are the same type of Celts that would have fought the Romans. Hope everyone enjoys it!!
Johnny

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
Re: Battle at Mt Olympus
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2004 at 12:11pm

I forgot to tell you.
This illustration was painted totally in Photoshop using the airbrush and paintbrush tools.
Johnny

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2004 at 12:52pm

I was just about to ask if you had retouched in PS due to the transitions at the edges, but would never have guessed that the whole thing was done on computer. Do you use a tablet? Assuming yes, which one? Assuming wacom, which model and have you tried different models to assess the differences?

Matthias

IP Logged

Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2004 at 1:07pm

Matthias
I use the Wacom pad, the small version. I've seen some of the other types but have not used them. I don't do a whole lot of my illustrations in PS. I tend to use traditional media.
Thanks!
Johnny

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

Yahweh Bless you in Yeshua
Interfector Viris Spurii

Matthew 11:25-30

Reply #4 - Jul 8th, 2004 at 2:05pm

Freaky Talent Johnny.....You are so good in RL,  you don't need the puter at all....yet,  I would assume it let's you make changes rather readily and without commensurate material losses.   You obviously have done much work using the computer to achieve that level of proficiency......or are the differential nuances between the two quickly mastered by someone at your skill level?

Blessings in Yeshua!&&

IP Logged

Johnny
Funditor

Goodlettsville,TN
Reply #5 - Jul 8th, 2004 at 2:16pm

Tech
Painting in Photoshop or using an airbrush is about the same. Actually, it is easier in Photoshop! At first, Photoshop was a challenge, but after much practice it becomes very easy. Kind of like slinging!
Johnny

I also love sushi..!
TNslinger  
IP Logged

Hobb

Denver, CO
Reply #6 - Jul 8th, 2004 at 4:07pm

Wow  Shocked  I'm lucky to draw a straight line in photo-shop -- and there's a tool for that!  Nice work!

IP Logged

krippp
Tiro

Finland
Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2004 at 3:11pm

That really is a nice picture, like the rest you've made. How long did it take to create it ?
Also, with "wacom pad, the small version", do you mean the smallest, A7-sized (Pen Partner), or a bigger one? The reason I'm asking this is, because I've been planning on getting a wacom pad myself, but I'm just not sure which one, since the bigger one's are so expensive, and I'm not sure if the smaller ones are large/good enough to create good pictures. Smiley

IP Logged

Matthias
Past Moderator

Gatineau/Ottawa QC, Canada
Reply #8 - Jul 9th, 2004 at 5:50pm

Lol, join the club... that is the reason I went OT too. I'm struggling between the "grapphire3 6X8" and the "intuos2 4X5" for close to the same price. It is hard to find people who have used both. Is the extra area more usefull than the greater precision? Does having the extra axis make a difference?

Matthias

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Chris)