Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
More on the casting styles clean up (Read 1315 times)
nightweave
Descens

That's not a sling. This
is a sling!

Perth Western Australia
More on the casting styles clean up
Jun 28th, 2006 at 9:32pm

Hi all,

I have put a basic blurb at the front of the casting styles page which then forced me to reclassify the order in which the slinging styles are ordered.

I have a request for those who are interested in helping out or just so you can show me how much I really don't know about slinging.

I need someone to do a quick and dirty detailed explanation of wide and narrow grips so I can place them. (Sorry if I am annoy you, CanDo, about it.)

Also wouldn't mind a really good write up on around the elbow please.

And both hands write up would be good too.

Please check and see if you can pick me on the changes.

nightweave

nightweave@gmail.com  
IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Re: More on the casting styles clean up
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 9:55pm

A narrow grip means that a slinger holds both the retention and release cords together with his/her thumb and index finger.  This type of grip would likely have the pocket behind (or in some cases in front) the stone at the point of release.  This grip is more flexible and less wrist action is needed.  I also find it easier to use.

A wide grip means the the retention cord is held apart from the release cord.  With a finger loop sling, a slinger would have the loop around his/her middle, ring or little finger and hold the release with his/her thumb and index finger.  With a toggle sling, the retention cord would come out of the slinger's hand from between his/her fingers.  This allows the slinger to create a "football spiral" with the ammo and reduce air resistance on the shot.  I can throw alright using this grip but it kills my fingers every time.

Most casting styles can be performed with both kinds of grip.

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Re: More on the casting styles clean up
Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2006 at 10:29pm

Both hands techniques simply means using two slings at the same time with both hands.  I am not sure if anyone can actually do it yet but there is no reason it can't be done.  There may be many combinations for this:
both hands underhand, both hands apoche, on hand underhand and the other overhead......etc.  I tried this many times but am hopless in getting any power, the coordination required is too much! Cry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Chris)