Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Cold and Stormy day( Relax its got slinging in it) (Read 8964 times)
winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Re: Cold and Stormy day( Relax its got slinging in
Reply #15 - Nov 26th, 2006 at 8:29pm

Thanks Tint,
Actually amazingly me and john are about a century apart. He portrays a 15th century German landsneckt (Although he has been known to portray a Tudor era English nobleman) and I portray a 14th century Swiss landowner( And a 14th century Kievan Rus when the mood strikes)

Neither one of us would normaly be playing with the sling and/or staff sling (In our main time periods). We would both be carrying crossbows ( which we both own) for missle weapons. For hand weapons I would be carrying a halbred ( Yep, I have one) and a baselard ( Ditto) as a back up weapon and he would be carrying a pike ( Which he owns) and a katzbalger or a dagger as his sidearm.

But we definately have side intrests as well, Mine is obviously the sling/staffsling along with a few other weapon styles outside of my area of portrayal.  His is siege engines/warfare.

All in all it makes us a very intresting group.

Marc Adkins

Quote:
Looks like a lot of fun!  Awesome pics!

Your outfits made it all the better.  If i were living in that time I'd be carring a staff sling and a sling everywhere I go.

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

barcid
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #16 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 11:16pm

great pics i must talk to the local SCA folks & see if they have slingers  .well done Wink

"Knowledge is not Wisdom" FZ r.i.p.

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #17 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 7:08pm

Me and Badger are finding out that we are a rare breed. So Ya might be the one and only in your particular branch.
Now if you are in Oklahoma or the surounding areas there is going to be a class in Tulsa this weekend.

Marc Adkins

barcid wrote on Dec 7th, 2008 at 11:16pm:
great pics i must talk to the local SCA folks & see if they have slingers  .well done Wink

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #18 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 9:37pm

Not quite, I have trained the next generation of slingers in my group. I have at least 4 kids, age 9-16 who are turning into fair slingers.
Also in the neighboring Barony (Thescorre) is a group of Roman soldiers who want me to teach them in the spring . I can have my own battle company soon.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #19 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 9:55am

I said rare, not extinct.
right now I ma trying to get some slinging started in my group. Just need to be in town more. Sad

Marc

slingbadger wrote on Dec 8th, 2008 at 9:37pm:
Not quite, I have trained the next generation of slingers in my group. I have at least 4 kids, age 9-16 who are turning into fair slingers.
Also in the neighboring Barony (Thescorre) is a group of Roman soldiers who want me to teach them in the spring . I can have my own battle company soon.

WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris, Kick)