Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Forum passes 1000-post mark! (Read 1105 times)
Chris
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

USA
Forum passes 1000-post mark!
Oct 22nd, 2003 at 1:06am

We passed the 1000th post mark today (oct 22).  This is a remarkable feat for slinging.org and the slinging community at large.  When I first started putting the site together and later the forum, I never would have thought it would be this successful.  It has achieved everything I wanted; a place were fellow slinging enthusiasts could come together and share ideas and pool together resources on this fascinating weapon for others to read and see.

In less than 5 months, we've had over 8000 visitors (298,432 hits).  Most just read the articles, some email me, and a determined few join the forum.  The first few months had few visitors, but recently, the traffic has been skyrocketing because of search engines ranking us highly.  It looks as though we will serve over 3000 visitors in October alone. 

If you think about the body of content held within this forum and the site, it is perhaps one of the most important sling-related resources in the world, and we are all part of it.

Here's to another 1000 posts!
Chris

IP Logged

David_T
Funditor
Past Moderator

Hooked on Sling'n

Greenville,SC
Re: Forum passes 1000-post mark!
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2003 at 7:27am

Congrats to you Chris!!

Lets keep them coming. Lets think big and go for Jesus's dream--slinging as an Olympic competition!! Grin now that would be cool 8)

IP Logged

Whipartist
Past Moderator

Stone Slinger/Stick Thrower

Sand Creek, CA
Re: Forum passes 1000-post mark!
Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2003 at 10:55pm

I've been too busy to reply to all these great posts until the last 2 days. 

AWESOME Chris!  Thanks for starting this website! We all love contributing and participating.  I've never had so much fun at a webforum in my life!  I'm glad to hear that there are many visitors that don't join the forum.  I want them to join of course. What I mean is that I'm glad that there are more sling enthusiasts out there than I realized.  298,432 hits!  That's a lot of hits!  Whoah!  If only I could hit the target that many times in a row with my sling!  I can't believe that.  Back a few years ago when I was communicating with J. Vega, we used to sign our emails, "Long live the sling"  Because it was not very popular.  Thanks to this website, that is changing in the English speaking world.   

It isn't an understatement to say that we are certainly the biggest slinging website on the WWW.  We have a complete list of links to every other sling website that anybody knows about and we have a rather busy web forum.  And we are getting bigger.  Our forum is very friendly and informative.   

I'm with David and J. Vega.  Olympics!  It's a very legitimate sport to apply, we just need enough participation world wide.  Give it a few decades Smiley  It's a fun sport and will become more fun as we rediscover it to its fuller aspects. 

This is a great website!  Long live the sling!

Ben

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus)