Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
byzantine sling strategy (Read 3043 times)
slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
byzantine sling strategy
Mar 23rd, 2006 at 12:10pm

Excellent reference for anyone looking for actual strategy. It's called Maurice's Strategikon, written by the 6th cent. Byzantine Emporer Maurice. ( hence the name).
  In it, he recommends that the light infantry should be trained in shooting rapidly while carrying a shield, in throwing a javelin, in the use of the sling, and running and jumping.
  Also, baggage train drivers should be trained in javelin and sling.
  Left side of the coumns should handle defense, the right, offense. Place your slingers appropriatley.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

SlingWolf

Guns dont kill people...
Magic missles do!

Kenmore, NY
Re: byzantine sling strategy
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2006 at 3:41pm

Where does the snack man go!?

every war needs a snack man! Its... its... its just not right!

Ask not what you can do for your sling... But what your sling can do to an armored knight on horseback at over 50 yards! Shocked

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2006 at 10:47am

He's only a camp follower, and stays in the rear with all the other "low people".
  However, you will be happy to know the ice cream man is right up on the front lines, where he is needed.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

SlingWolf

Guns dont kill people...
Magic missles do!

Kenmore, NY
Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2006 at 12:32pm

WOOOOHOOOOO!!! But.... hes always the first one taken hostage and/or killed for his ice cream..... such a tradgedy  Cry

Ask not what you can do for your sling... But what your sling can do to an armored knight on horseback at over 50 yards! Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus)