Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Medical tape sling tutorial (Read 40946 times)
Liberty dog
Funditor

mobile pocket artillery

south carolina, usa
Re: Medical tape sling tutorial
Reply #60 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 10:58pm

i have to thank you all for this tread , cause it gave me the idea to use tape on a braided sling i made some time ago but i didn't like the way it slipped its shot.rocks flying out at the wrong time is bad news, as we all know.but putting duct tape in it as a pouch made it very useable. thanks again.

illumination through target annihilation&&&&moving continents one rock at a time&&&&my sling aches with inaction&&&&hit.....run....hide......the Highland way.

IP Logged

Thomas

Rocks?

NORTHEAST OHIO
Reply #61 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 11:37pm

After seeing this pouch design the first time 3years ago I got the impression that the lines of force in tension would tend to pull the sides together, hence the payload needs to be relatively small. I have not tried the design but other makers like the method.  Zorrro said the tutorial is for method only; the design is up to the individual.

tom

IP Logged

Xenovora

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #62 - Sep 11th, 2015 at 9:28pm

I really wish the pictures would load... I checked that troubleshooting thread claiming to solve 99.9% of problems and changed settings appropriately but still no luck viewing any images here. Very unfortunate as it seems this design with a bigger pouch would be great for super large ammo like soccerballs and footballs.

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #63 - Sep 11th, 2015 at 10:46pm

You could try and wing it. Draw out a pouch and add an inch or two to fold over the sides. You cut slits at the edges to help it wrap around the angles.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Chris, vetryan15, Morphy, Rat Man)