Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Medical tape sling tutorial (Read 40979 times)
Legionare_Atimon
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Re: Medical tape sling tutorial
Reply #45 - Aug 9th, 2006 at 10:17pm

I just finished a tape sling tonight it isn't the prettiest thing in the world but it works ok. Mine is pretty stiff though I have to use heavy rocks to get it to fold and form a good puch around the rock. Will the sling become more flexible after use or did i make it wrong?  Undecided

IP Logged

Dale
Interfector Viris Spurii

California, USA
Reply #46 - Aug 10th, 2006 at 2:14am

Don't know about the tape sling, most of mine have leather pouches and a few of my older slings are braided.  But all of them, regardless of material, get more flexible with use.  So I figure the same will be true of your tape sling.

No, I don't live in a glass house.&&&&"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."&&&&Context matters!  "Nothing but net" is a BAD thing in tennis...
IP Logged

Legionare_Atimon
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #47 - Aug 10th, 2006 at 8:27am

Thx Dale!  Grin Grin

IP Logged

slinginginmass
Descens

Memorize A440

massachusetts
Reply #48 - Aug 11th, 2006 at 11:28am

Nice work Zorro!
I use duct tape almost exclusively and I've had no problem with the projectile rolling out. I have perfected a ''cupped ducked'' pocket that snugs at the corners when swung and realy eases up when released. It is a fairly simple design so I'll post some instructions and or pics sometime.

IP Logged

siguy
Interfector Viris Spurii

si vis pacem para bellum

connecticut
Reply #49 - Sep 10th, 2006 at 3:59pm

i made something similar to the tape sling yesterday, but i used duct tape and slightly thicker rope than prescribed.  it works well, but i prefer my old faithful.

if you want peace prepare for war&&&&my site
IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #50 - Feb 25th, 2007 at 4:36pm

Bring to the top.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #51 - Feb 26th, 2007 at 5:36am

It appears that the medical tape sling is fast becomming one of the most common and easiest to make of all the sling designs. I have had mine for afew months now and it is holding up quit well. I also lost one when it fell out of my pocket walking the dog Undecided

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Willeke
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Give me some string and
I know what to do.

Netherlands
Reply #52 - Mar 10th, 2007 at 3:23pm

Any tape will do  Cheesy
I have used slings made with masking tape that worked for some weeks or months.

Willeke

"Never underestimate what a simple person can do with clever tools, nor what a clever person can do with simple tools." - Ian Fieggen - Writer of A booklet on lanyards, PM for info - Member IGKT, Netherlands
Bad spellers of the world: untie!
IP Logged

shabundi
Tiro

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #53 - Mar 12th, 2007 at 9:28pm

bigkahuna,

I definitly agree with you...

I believe the tape sling is the most simple and practicle sling to make in this day and age. I would imagine Leather would be nice, but I personnaly haven't been able to come by any that might be considered scrap and which I can us. However you can find medical or duct tape almost anywhere, and a roll of it can make you plenty of pouches. So when my sling gets worn out (Hasn't happened yet since I haven't been slinging for that long), I imagine I won't feel as bad as opposed to if it was made of leather.

I think the tape sling should recieve some kind of special status!

Shabundi

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #54 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 5:25am

bringing this back to the front for our newer members :-)
Have to admit I was surprised it's not made it into the articles section yet - chris ?
It's a great design. cheap and easy to make use duct tape if you can't get the expensive medical tape.

Have fun :-)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

BrianGrubbs
Funditor

Joined May 6th, 2008

Alabama
Reply #55 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 7:53am

I finally broke down and made a duct tape sling.  I've been planning on it for a long time, but I had other things I was working on.  Silly me Smiley  It took me all of five minutes, and works great.  I ended up giving it to my friend Paul, and the next day here he is on Slinging.org!  Guess he's hooked now Smiley

When in doubt, shoot for the head (worked for David anyway...)

IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #56 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 8:52pm

Bumping this to bring it to the top again,

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #57 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 9:09pm

one of my carry-along-where-ever-i-go slings is this, but with a hexagonal pouch (the 2 slanty parts are 2.25 inches long, the center part is 2 inches wide)

though i find one row of stitches is enough

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Liberty dog
Funditor

mobile pocket artillery

south carolina, usa
Reply #58 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 9:22pm

going to make one tomorro Wink

illumination through target annihilation&&&&moving continents one rock at a time&&&&my sling aches with inaction&&&&hit.....run....hide......the Highland way.

IP Logged

Woonilsra
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #59 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 9:37pm

I tried serchign for this but couldnt find it! Thsi is a cool sling, the pouch is different from what ive seen, but im sure it works seeing as thsi has 4k views and a lot of happy chaps.
I'm so getting tape and making one tommorow

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"&&&&"A sword is a weapon. The art of swordsmanship is learning how to kill. That is the truth"&&&&"Dead!" I answered, and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me. "First the alien ... then the Jew. I did no more than you let me do."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Morphy, vetryan15, Rat Man, Kick, Chris, joe_meadmaker)